CASS gun caddy

bushmaster65

Finally finished her up.
Cedar fence planks for the bucket edges with scrap pine for the bottom. scrap pine for the verticals. leather, tiles and wood dowel from Hobby Lobby and an $11.00
12" x 6' glued up board from lowes with a pair of cabinet hinges.
Oh and the wheels came off of an old army surplus pull around metal cabinet for tools.

bushmaster65

thanks "GOTT" but the nose art is for the back wall of the shop/garage...:)
I do agree she is a little plane but I was more practicing my skills and building and testing jigs for my table saw. The tile is strictly an experiment to get the feel for working with tile and wood. You probably noticed the tile runs out on the lower sides:eek: But I'm happy with how she turned out and she is functional.

"DOC" I built a jig for finger joints a few months ago and have been practicing (as well as banging my head against the wall) but this ammo box came out 98% perfect on the finger joints! 1/64th out of square. and about the same in overlap of the joints. they fit off the table saw nice and snug but no excessive force needed for fitting. I was very happy to say the least.

thanks again gents for the input.

madmo44mag

First off very fine job.
I need something like that real bad.
I just don't have the time or space to built it.
I have looked at some commercial type gun caddy's and they all had pretty crapy reviews.
Maybe some day!
Again - VERY NICE!:)

Howdy

Nice job. You may find that those relatively small diameter wheels get bogged down on uneven or rocky ground. Generally speaking, the bigger the diameter of the wheels, the better to not get stuck while shoving it over uneven ground. These wheels are 16" in diameter and sometimes I wish they were bigger.

cart01.jpg

If you need to you could probably install larger wheels fairly easily, lengthening the front legs to match.

g.willikers

Lots better looking than a foot locker and aluminum dolly, that's for sure.
You do realize that if you can't carry all your guns on yourself, you just have too danged many of them. :p
Nice job - make that a very nice job.
You may have found a new profession.

44 Dave

DSCN5401.jpgFinished my gun this winter, used it last summer unpainted and needing a few small changes.
It dissembles without tools and could fit in a car trunk, the Rich Maroon paint is old new stock lead base paint. If you ever used stuff like it you would love the way it brushes out and covers!