Carry ideas while exercising

Skans

I never carry when I'm running, playing tennis, etc. However, when I'm bicycling, I will carry in a small triangular bag that sort of hangs under the back of my seat.

I also never have any money or anything of value on me when I'm running - and just don't go all that far away from home. But, when bicycling, I tend to go distances that could take me into areas that aren't the greatest places.

My suggestion is that if you're a man and you're jogging in a realatively decent area - keep the gun locked up in your car, or just leave it at home. Sometimes, its just not practical to carry a gun.

cwok

Mode of Exercise - Weather - Clothes worn - 'gangland'

Summary: My solution is shorts with pockets and Kel-Tel .32 in a pocket holster.

Reasoning:
I walk and bike in a large city Texas - it has some areas I would not choose to walk through at night time. Not 'warzones' but just not an area where I want people to notice 'the old guy who walks alone amost every night'.

In the summer its extremely hot. I wear shorts and a T-shirt.

When I walk its generally the same 1.5 mile circuit near my home and and I feel I have a lot of control over the local threats.

When I bike - I go through those areas that I avoid on foot - because I bike I sometimes travel up to to 20 miles going from my Home to: Library, Park, Mall, individual stores, etc and returning home.
It's not practical to pedal several miles around the 'bad areas' and my bike doesn't have door/window locks:rolleyes:.

seeker073180

I agree DonutGuy - it doesn't have to be gangland to be threatening. I was riding by a local (decent college) and 3 "thuglife" sub-urban kids were walking on the path when one stepped into my line after we clearly made eye contact. I swerved, he yelled, but he easily could have knocked me off and it'd be 1 on 3. One of my professors (a physician) received a broken shoulder and other injuries in a similar incident....

Out in the "country" there's been my run ins with wildlife (possums, geese, raccoons, fox - no deer, yet) and honking cars. Bicycles do not get the respect in this country that other countries give - especially when you're decked out in some of the "lively" colors of the gear. I wear brights just to be seen. What is to say one of those cars doesn't stop on the side of the road to vent their rage?? Carry on DonutGuy...carry on. Hmmm...i do carry a big enough CamelBak....

-seeker

IRONPONY

run ,bike, exercise in well lit areas if you have to train at night, otherwise run or whatever in the peak area of morning \ afternoon , evening. :cool:

wayneinFL

Cyclists and joggers do get attacked from time to time.

News for CYCLIST ATTACKED

Geelong Advertiser Attacked Geelong cyclist speaks out‎ - 1 hour ago
THE man who attacked cyclist David Rourke delivered one last stinging insult as he left the 46-year-old covered in blood. "That'll teach you for sticking ...
Geelong Advertiser - 2 related articles »
Fatal attack: football star's mum 'was in the way'‎ - The Australian - 63 related articles »
#
Videos for CYCLIST ATTACKED
Cyclist attacked by NYPD cop
1 min 9 sec - Dec 3, 2008
www.break.com

Critical Mass Bicyclist Assaulted by NYPD
1 min 10 sec - Jul 27, 2008
www.youtube.com
#
Report: Fort Mill cyclist attacked by teens | The Herald - Rock ...
Apr 12, 2010 ... Two brothers face felony assault charges after police say they attacked a man riding a bicycle in Fort Mill, according to a Fort Mill Police ...
www.heraldonline.com/2010/.../report-fort-mill-cyclist-attacked.html - Cached
#
Dallas Cyclist attacked by Pit Bulls Still Recovering :: Fort ...
May 19, 2010 ... Dallas Cyclist attacked by Pit Bulls Still Recovering :: Fort Worth Injury Lawyer Blog.
www.fortworthinjurylawyerblog.com/.../dallas_cyclist_attacked_by_pit.html - Cached
#
Charity cyclist attacked by machete gang in Africa | road.cc | The ...
Mar 26, 2010 ... Dorset rider could be held up for a couple of months.
road.cc/.../15844-charity-cyclist-attacked-machete-gang-africa - United Kingdom - Cached
#
Police seeking man after cyclist attacked | London | News | London ...
May 17, 2010 ... London police are searching for a bicyclist who forced a female cyclist off a bike path and sexually assaulted her.
www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/05/17/13972181.html - Canada - Cached
#
Dyers Pass cyclist attacked - news - the-press | Stuff.co.nz
Jan 29, 2010 ... Police are investigating the road rage assault of a website editor caught in a war of words between cyclists and motorists.
www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/.../Dyers-Pass-cyclist-attacked - Similar
#
Machete horror: Godmanstone cyclist attacked (From Dorset Echo)
Mar 25, 2010 ... A CYCLIST who is riding across Africa for charity has been attacked by a machete-wielding gang.
www.dorsetecho.co.uk/.../5082759.Machete_horror__Dorset_cyclist_attacked/ - Cached
#
Cyclist left to die after attack by street thugs | News
Aug 20, 2009 ... A cyclist was critically ill this afternoon after being dragged from his bike by a gang of youths and savagely beaten.
www.thisislondon.co.uk/.../article-...o-die-after-vicious-attack-by-street-thugs.do
#
Dyers Pass cyclist attacked
Stuff.co.nz: Dyers Pass cyclist attacked. By GLENN CONWAY - The Press Last updated 05:00 29/01/2010. Police are investigating the road rage assault of a ...
www.bicyclelaw.com/news/n.cfm/dyers-pass-cyclist-attacked - Cached
#
Three sentenced for Epsom cyclist attack - News Item - News ...
Apr 20, 2010 ... Did you stop to help cyclist attacked in Ewell? Submitted: 17/09/2009 16:49:56 ... Three appear in court charged with cyclist attack ...
www.surrey.police.uk/media/news_item.asp?area=12&itemID... - Cached
#
Rock Hill Bicycle Club - Fort Mill Cyclist Attacked
Apr 12, 2010 ... If you have an account, sign in now. If you don't have an account, apply for one now. Bottom of Page. Advocacy: Fort Mill Cyclist Attacked ...

Lucky 7

As much as I hate them (because they look so damn tacky) fanny packs are the way to go when trying to stay fit. As with all things supporting a gun, remember the sturdy straps.

Regards,
Lucky

Skans

To respond to the OP: The best thing to carry while exercising is the Ma Duce! :D I guaranty you if you run just 3 miles a day carrying a Ma Duce, you'll be in excelent shape!

seeker073180

I was in the local REI today looking at bikes for the girl... wandered through the accessories and spied this handle bar bag... pretty big, might fit, even a full size. Then I remembered there were frame triangle bags that might work also.

Here's some handlebar bags:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/accessories/bike-accessories/handlebar-bag#product=4-30242

http://www.bicyclebuys.com/bagsracks/BagHandlebar/0114578

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/16...s-24-Bags/Avenir-Mini-Metro-Handlebar-Bag.htm

Triangle bags:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Wave-Bicycle-Triangle-Frame-Bag/dp/B001NGD4E4

http://www.jandd.com/search_results...LL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=2&subcat=5

-seeker

HKFan9

I have seen those belly band type things that you keep around your chest, and it keeps the gun cross draw under your arm like a shoulder holster. That plus a very small, light weight gun that wouldn't make the thing ride down, and a loose fitting exercise shirt would probably be the way I would go.