Carry ideas while exercising

DonutGuy

Got any ideas on how to carry while biking and wearing gym shorts and t-shirt/tank tops? And no fanny packs...:barf:

L_Killkenny

Fanny Pack. You're not out for a fashion statement. Or......... Just leave it at home and don't exersize in gangland.

LK

Kreyzhorse

Sorry, but fanny pack is really your best option for exercise and carry. If you can't handle the fanny pack, leave the piece at home.

Stevie-Ray

I run in our park, and I always have shorts with pockets on. P32 in back pocket for me. Not my normal primary, but I still feel better being at least armed.

Biking is a different story. Full pocketed shorts, G26 OWB covered only by safety vest.

Hank15

How about sweat pants and an ankle holster?

Shorts + tank tops pretty much eliminated all your concealed carry options...

Head-Space

YOU CAN'T EXERCISE WITH AN ANKLE HOLSTER! ANKLE HOLSTER MAKES IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO JUST WALK AROUND!

Get a decent fanny pack, small, with good adjustments and a secure place for the gun. You can position it anywhere that works. It needn't be over your "fanny."

On a bicycle, have a look at handlebar bags. Also, "frame bags" work. I have one on a mountain bike, triangular and fits on the seat tube / top tube in the open frame just under the seat. I use one for a tire kit, but it'd hold a gun for sure.

wayneinFL

Smart Carry works with gym shorts for jogging. Might get in the way on the bike. Never tried it. On a bike, I wear a pair of cargo shorts with a pocket.

How about in your hand, JK. If you did that, someone would get scared and you'd have to answer to the cops. I prefer the idea of having baggy shorts with plenty of room to stash a small revolver.

ClydeFrog

Exercising your 2A rights...

I'd look into the lightweight, synthetic fabric(coolmax, anti-bacteria etc) t-shirts/tanks from 5.11, Kramer Leather, Lenny Magill; www.gunvideo.com .
Magill's web based firm also sells bike shorts/compression type shorts with built in holsters.
Blackhawk also makes a useful chest rig but I don't think you'd conceal it in PT/exercise gear. www.Blackhawk.com
I do not own or wear the mesh/concealment Ts but it looks like a good idea for your posted CC needs.

ClydeFrog

Magills.com free plug....

I looked over the printed Magills.com catalog at the concealment gear.
They are offering a free concealment belly band rig with a purchase of a undershirt/clothing item.

It runs until 12/10/2010. ;)

www.Magills.com

shortwave

Agree that fanny pack is best option for jogging. Get someone to design you a masculine one if it bothers you:p:D.

Friend of mine took a frame mounted/polyester tool pouch for a bike and had it modified to carry his LCP. Mounted on frame just under seat. Works nicely while riding.

Smokey Joe

Bicycling and carrying...

Donut Guy--I think that Kilkenny nailed it:
Just leave it at home and don't exersize in gangland.
There are streets and roads everywhere. In Suburbia, and out "in the country," they are usually in better condition (i.e. the surface is flatter, with fewer unrepaired potholes) than downtown, anyhow.

Forgive me if I "just don't get it," but who in their right mind is going to assault a runner or bicyclist, anyhow--they won't have much on them in the way of cash or valuables, and they are likely to be in, at least, pretty good shape, therefore capable of mounting a better-than-ordinary resistance.

I carry "dog spray" on my bicycle--BTW, it DOES work--but anything heavier would just be an impediment.

IMNSHO, the greatest enemy of the bicyclist--and I have some experience here--is not the robber, but the inattentive automobile driver. In dicing with an automobile, the bicycle, right or wrong, always loses.

ETA--Back when I was a runner I also carried "dog spray." It will stop a Doberman pinscher in full-out attack mode, I was relieved to find. Scary.

Last edited:

TriumphGuy

There are a lot of first aid kits in nylon zipper pouches with a belt loop. I carry a S&W .40c in one all the time. Not nearly as girly looking as a fanny pack.

DonutGuy

Thanx for the ideas. But to make it clear, I don't exercise in gangland and I refuse to leave my gun at home. Everyone that carries doesnt drive in gangland...u might just need it when u least expect it.