Can't Afford To Join NRA? - Click Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Well, we've signed up quite a few new members so far, but the first thread is now full. Here's a recap of what's happening.

Slowpoke_Rodrigo started a thread offering an NRA "scholarship" to anyone who was not a current member and who couldn't afford it. The terms of the agreement for sponsorship is located in the original thread here.

At the time of this posting, there are eleven memberships available for FREE! All you need do is ask. Here's the list of contributors in order along with the number of "scholarships" they are offering. Please choose from the top of the list first, if you would like to be sponsored.

Monkeyleg (1): r3894@execpc.com
The Chief (1): voitrob@tns.net
HankL (1): smogaph@bellsouth.net
Blunder (3): blinder@bear.com
Floyd2U (1): floydbo@aol.com
Blueyedog (1): gdoan@iquest.net
Anonymous (2): slowpoke_rodrigo@hotmail.com
Zeebrahed (1): zeebrahed@mindspring.com

Thanks again to all who have sponsored new members already, thanks to Slowpoke_Rodrigo for starting this all off, and thanks to all who have expressed interest in being a member of the NRA.

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

[This message has been edited by TheBluesMan (edited March 20, 2000).]

Svt

Well, I'm a tight wad engineer but I will sponser TWO memberships with the same conditions as stated:

I am offering NRA 'scholarships' to any TFL members, not currently in the NRA, who wants to join but cannot for lack of funds. If that is you, send me an e-mail with your TFL name, your true name and postal address, phone number and a testament to the effect that you meet the above requirements. Once I verify the qualifications, I will go to the NRA website and sign you up as a member. The new membership package then will be sent to your home. Once you receive the membership package, notify me by e-mail.

Send me an e-mail if you have any questions.

I will do the same for my other forum http://www.1911forum.com
------------------
Svt
RKBA!
Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars, NRA, GOA
My Website

"Rangers Lead the Way"

[This message has been edited by Svt (edited March 20, 2000).]

nralife

Svt & others,

I think that Slowpoke's conditions are fine, but some of the people coming here may not be registered users. They may not even know enough about the NRA to know how to find an application form. The easiest way to buy someone a membership is for them to email you their name and address and then all you have to do is go to http://nra.org to the membership section and sign them up using a credit card. Fast and esay, no waiting!

That's what I did.

Joe

------------------
Joe's Second Amendment Message Board

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I just used the NRA website to sign up Don, my "scholarship" recipient. It was very fast and easy, and secure. Here's the direct link to the NRA's secure server.

Thanks to Svt and all others for helping to add to our ranks.

-Dave

------------------
RKBA!

Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.

K80Geoff

Ouch! What a dufus I am, I should have done it your way nralife.

Geoff Ross

------------------
One reason to vote in the next Presidential election.

It's the Supreme Court, Stupid!

[This message has been edited by K80Geoff (edited March 21, 2000).]

Monkeyleg

Ok, I just signed up Eric. Called the 800 number and put it on a charge card. Eric, your membership materials should be to you in
about 4 to 6 weeks.

Let's show the anti's just how strong we can be.

Dick

El Jefe

Found two converts in the last couple of days and directed them to TFL and here specifically. Hope we can add these two to our numbers. I am hopeful that they will become TFL regulars and Upstanding NRA members!

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it.
---Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

The ANTI-HCI Site!

The Chief

I was contacted and have awarded my scholarship to Aztec. :)
I tried three times to reply to your e-mail but it keeps coming back unknown?
Expect to receive your membership in four to six weeks.

Mikul

To those who have signed people up... pay attention over the next couple of weeks. I signed my father up about 2 months ago, and they accidentally sent all of the information for him to MY address, and I had to call and make the address correction.

Also, when I signed myself up on their web site, they sent me a bill in the mail. Fortunately, they didn't charge my credit card either, but...

Anyway. They've got a few problems in their membership department.

Monkeyleg

Mikul, their membership department has been overloaded ever since LaPierre's first statements. That's not a bad thing at all!

Dick

cjb

Count me in !!! Ive been a member of the NRA since my early teen years, my father paid my dues for me then. I would be honored to sponsor a new member! My email address is in my profile..... I'll be waiting!
CJB
" I'm the NRA! "

Svt

As soon as I receive a reply from Bill, I'll sign him up. I already signed up Eric. Congrats you two! That's two I signed up. Come on peeps, ante up and help RKBA and others out!

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I hope someone takes you up on that membership soon Hank. I think that blunder may have a line on that hat-trick of his, so once yours is gone Hank, Floyd2U would be next.

Hopefully we'll soon hear from some folks who would like to join up and take advantage of this tremendous offer.

------------------
RKBA!
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4 Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.

cjb

sorry!!! didn't notice until now that my email address wasnt in my profile!!! I corrected the problem! My offer still stands!
Any takers???

Status
Not open for further replies.