can you guess what I'm building?

Chris_B

1903A4gery continues. Basic rifle is together, now I need the mount and rings. Fingers crossed on the mount matching the holes already in the receiver or modifying the mount. Scope came in, pretty nice for what is is, 2.5X

Am going with my 'Plan B' bolt, it fits well, matches the parkerizing already there, headspaces, and should clear the scope easily. Fits the stock properly, too. I also have an M1907 sling made up of half a WWII sling and half a WWI sling. I'm going to see if I can't make it supple enough to get on the rifle. I wouldn't shoot with it; I'll get an El Paso or similar for that. Got a nickel oiler for the rifle too

lessbaserings.jpg

Last edited:

thedaddycat

My guess is it's a piece of history

a rifle.... a bolt action rifle... a Springfield rifle... a "I want one" rifle....

My 1895 Mauser has similar wood, very lovely pattern on the stock! It's the top one of these two Mausers.

100_6532.jpg

Chris_B

It's on the counter, Dad. It's the scotch I was offering you just the other day, but we had the bourbon instead. Still haven't opened it.

Chris_B

Slow progress

It was safe to add another hole where I needed one for the redfield mount. The nice thing is that the mount hides the un-used pair of holes completely.

I've mocked up the scope and again everything should work; bolt clears the scope at the right height

Now to find the rings

A4mount.jpg

matchgrade303

very nice! I can't afford an 03A3 So, I must live through those of you who can haha. I did have a NO 03A3 but it tried to kill me.

tahunua001

should be a nice looking rifle when you're done, I have been builing an A4 back to specs and it is definitely no cheap matter. I highly doubt the C stock that I have on the way is going to be nearly as nice.

barnbwt

Ya'know, they did drill out the last digit on the model number...so maybe it isn't a forgey after all? Plausible deniability :D

TCB

Chris_B

:) Thanks, but on a real 03A4, the '03A3' is offset on the left side of the receiver so it can be seen with the mount on. Tahuna has a thread on his 03A4 that shows a photo of the '03A3' location

I appreciate the thought though!

Chris_B

They work for me when I'm not logged in to either photobucket or TFL so...should work for you

It looks like yours, but in a fake way ;)

tahunua001

alright they seem to be working now. she is beautiful. to the untrained eye your's looks more original than mine since I went a different route with the optics and I still can't get over how nice your stock looks. it is a beautiful A4-gery to be sure, let us know how she does at the range.