C&B Revolver markings??

SDC

Just as evidence that I have NOT lost my mind, here's a little experiment you can follow along with; since I don't currently have any Italian guns (but I DO have a copy of "The World of Beretta", by Wilson) I'm looking at the cover of the book, which shows a double-action semi-automatic pistol, which, at first glance looks like a Beretta 92. If I look closer at that picture, I can see "MOD. 98FS - CAL. 9x21-PATENTED" on the slide, some typical Italian proofs on the forward bow of the trigger-guard, and "CAT.4692" on the dust-cover. "Hmmm", say I, and I go to http://www.poliziadistato.it/pds/armi/index.php , and enter "4692" under "numerod di catalogo". That brings up THIS page ( http://www.poliziadistato.it/pds/ar..._COLPI_CARICATORE=&Note=&Submit=++++Cerca++++ ), which shows that Catalog Number 4692 was assigned to the Beretta 98F pistol, in 9x21mm IMI, with a 125mm barrel, that this is a double-action semi-automatic pistol, and that it holds 15 shots. If that's a hallucination, it must be one hell of a hallucination, eh, Hawg?

98F.jpg

Hawg

It must be a Canadian thing then because none of my Italian guns have it. I have a Rigarmi and two Pietta C&B. I have two Uberti 44-40's and a Beretta.

SDC

Not at all; it's an ITALIAN thing, required by Italian law for guns owned in Italy (except, apparently, for black powder guns, which I find difficult to understand, since they require them on air rifles).

Hawg

Uberti Cimarron model P. It has no date code or other Italian markings
Uberti Cattleman by Stoeger made in 2003. Other than the date code it has no Italian markings. Never noticed that before. Maybe they had the cat numbers and the importers removed them.:confused:
Both were bought NIB.

Fingers McGee

Not at all; it's an ITALIAN thing, required by Italian law for guns owned in Italy (except, apparently, for black powder guns, which I find difficult to understand, since they require them on air rifles).

I think the operative phrase in your post is 'owned in Italy. Our guns have never been owned in Italy. They were made for the export market. I have numerous C&B and cartridge Uberti, Pietta, and Euroarms firearms and have owned ASM and Rigarmi firearms in the past. Have never seen a 'Cat' number on any of them. Mfg dates range from 1971 to 2007.

Rusty.it

which shows that Catalog Number 4692 was assigned to the Beretta 98F pistol, in 9x21mm IMI, with a 125mm barrel, that this is a double-action semi-automatic pistol, and that it holds 15 shots. If that's a hallucination, it must be one hell of a hallucination, eh, Hawg?

Why you talk of hallucination??
The number 4692 is the same for ALL the beretta model 98F produced it identify the characteristic of that model ( The 98 is the same that a 92 but in 9X21, in Italy the 9Para or 9X19 is banned for civilian, it is in use only for army and police corps)
The problem is the fake law on the arms that we have, every model of small arms produced or imported must be verified by a govern commission, if it's OK it get a number of catalog, if rejected we can't have it (the S&W 500 was rejected by the commission, we dont have it in Italy) the same for new cartridge and reloading powder, they must be approvated by the commission!
The same commission settle what arms are "common" what are "sportly" and what are "for hunt" (is prohibited the hunt with short arms like pistol)
So after get a special license an Italian citizen can have at home 3 commons arms 6 sport arms 8 antique arms and illimitated for hunt, and a max of 200 rounds for pistol and 1500 for carbine or hunting pourpose!!
(we can't carry arms for defence outside home, only with a special carry licence but actually are only 50,000 licence over 60 million of people)
So i can't have more of 200 .22LR (in Italy is a pistol caliber) but i can have 1500 30-06:) I can have 3 pistol or revolver, 9 if 6 are classified for sport but a illimitated number of semiauto rifle like M14 or ar15 with 1500 rounds!!
Politics and burocrat are crazy, but we stay wery well respect the british People that are fully disarmed, and frenchthat they can't have military rifle in original caliber so for example you find garand in strange caliber used only in France!
ciao
Rusty