Buying my first Sig.

Bullrock

Heck you have internet so surely you must have a phone. The world is a lot easier to get in touch with now. Give Sig a call give them a chance to make it right for you.

I have to hitch hike over to the next town (about 50 Mi.) to get to the library where I can rent a computer for an hour a day.

Word has it that phone service in my area may become available as early as next year. In the meantime several of us retired folk are working hard to have the streets paved for that big event.

When the weather clears I plan to climb my roof, and use my signal flags to contact Sig. I haven't had much luck lately, because I keep turning to the East instead of the West, then the wind comes up and pushes me over the side onto the manure pile. Those manure pile flies are wicked hungry this time of year

Maybe I could just drive my Sig. over to New Hampshire next week when my horse, "Sadie" returns from the vet. Of course I'll have to get some help changing the surrey over from skis to wheels.

In case you live over that way, I'll be the older fellow driving along route 101 in an old black surrey with a fringe on top, heavy heeled with a Beretta PX4...Because I know it works...:D

MK11

If the decocker doesn't work at all you need to stop using it immediately. How did you get it into DA mode?

Bullrock

If the decocker doesn't work at all you need to stop using it immediately. How did you get it into DA mode?

I think when we give advice concerning the integrity of the gun, we all need to be a bit careful. MKII, The gun is OK to use with the decocker as it is. I don't know why my first shot is DA, and the rest SA. Maybe when I put more rounds through it, or have the decocker fixed I'll know.

I contacted Sig Sauer today and they're sending me a ticket to have the gun returned and the decocker fixed. You are ALL correct, very good service.

Here's the straight skinny! I, as stated, have a Sig. 2022B, 9mm, 10rd. Mag. In order for the decocker to work, place the mag. in the gun, rack a shell into the chamber, and depress the decock lever. Which is what I have been doing.

Sig. advised I should press the lever until I hear a "Click" My gun doesn't "click", nor decock. They think it may have something to do with the 10 round mag. that came with the gun. Most of "you", I'm guessing use the 15 round mags, which are more popular. I'm told the mags. are interchangable.

So if I happen to find $50.00 lying alongside the road somewhere, I'll buy one and try it out.

Tomorrow I'm taking the Sig that I have to the range, and I'll probably put 1-200 rounds through it. I'll be comparing it to my Beretta Cougar 8000F.

Sig. advised there is no danger in using the gun as is, and who knows what a little breaking in will do.

So thank you everyone for all of your help and gun savvy. See you at the range..."Click"

Bullrock

Bullrock At least your mind works better than your Sig!!

Laphound, thanks, but, there are some folks who know me, who would question that. Just the other day the mailman stopped by and asked me if I was visiting from the "Home"....;)

MK11

I guess I'm confused--I really don't understand what's going on. Your first shot would be DA because you successfully decocked, then the rest are automatically SA.

Anyway, enjoy, be safe, and let us know how it works out.

Oysterboy

A month ago I bought my first Sig, a P250c 40sw. Shoots great and yea, it has a long trigger but smooth as butter. I'm anxious to get a 357sig barrel for it.

Cycrops

Is it possible that you're not racking the slide far enough to fully cock the hammer when you are loading the gun? Perhaps after firing the first round you should try the decocker again and see if you hear the click and the find that the next shot is double action.

Marquezj16

I almost bought a second one that had the diamond plate slide. When I went to buy it I got distracted by a Sig 1911. Then when I went back to get it the second time, it was gone.

geetarman

When I bought my first Sig, I did not think the decocker was working because the hammer did not fall.

What I did not realize was the decocker has almost no resistance until you reach the "hard" spot. I was not pressing it hard enough to decock the hammer.

I have several Sigs and some are easier to decock than others. If you are not familiar with how they work, you MAY not have followed through to drop the hammer.

Once you get a feel for it, it is a piece of cake.

I was so sure mine was not working, I called the LGS and asked them what I was doing wrong. They talked me through it.

Geetarman:D

tomrkba

Call SIG and ask for help. They're pretty good about that sort of thing.

You could also find a certified SIG armorer in your area (one of your local gun stores should have one) and ask them to take a look at it.

Also check youtube.com. There should be some videos out there on the topic.

Bullrock

Is it possible that you're not racking the slide far enough to fully cock the hammer when you are loading the gun? Perhaps after firing the first round you should try the decocker again and see if you hear the click and the find that the next shot is double action.

Good suggestion, however, if you rack the 2022B all the way back, (and it will glide smooothly back) the slide catch will engage, and the hammer is then fully cocked and remains that way until I release the slide catch. That releases the slide and the hammer remains fully cocked.

If then I thumb (press as hard as I can) the decock lever, it doesn't drop the hammer. (No jokes please about being old and feeble) so I should be in SA mode, in which case I'm wrong about what I remember happening at the range MKII (but, then again, I forget what I had for breakfast this morning)(did I forget my meds, don't forget the pills!)

One thing is still for sure, my sig is a nail driver, no matter which mode it's in. And, the decocker, does not work. I went through all of this with the Sig. Tech. on the phone. Sorry Marquezj16, I lied about not having a phone. It is still to be determined by Sig. whether or not this may be due to my mag. being 10 rounds, instead of 15.

Thanks for the tip on the Sig Mag. marappl. I bought a 15 rounder, but it won't be here before my Sig ships tomorrow.

Non-the-less this gun has a glitch in it, however, unless something much worse crops up, its a keeper. While I don't care much for the grip material the slide action is smooth and easy. The trigger action is one of the best I've fired, and that's a few and a half. The sights are awesome, the accuracy is good enough to invite some of those Beretta types for a shoot off.

Finally, it looks and feels sharp, I just don't recall if the right leg feels as good as the left one. Anyway, I'll take them both.

Last edited:

JonathanZ

I ordered some Mec-gar magazines for my P226. I took them to the range the other day and they ran flawlessly just as I'd expect considering Mec-gar makes factory magazines for Sig. I got the 18 round mags for $25 each plus shipping. I think I could have gotten the 20 round mags for $30, but I wanted the flush fit mags.

Bullrock

Siggy Exonerated - Well, sort of!

As previously stated Sig had emailed me a return shipping label to have the decock lever on my 2022B repaired. I don't know why it's called a lever, it's shaped like a lever, but its more of a button.

So I took it along with my Beretta Cougar to ihnillate a couple of paper targets. Then suddenly, a miracle! after several weeks of trying to find the sweet spot on the decock lever it happened.

While facing my menacing paper target I decided to test my siggy one more time, rack one, then with my thumb press the dcock lever as hard as I could. Oh well, back to the right thumb excercise machine.

Then, without warning, I could see my left hand reaching across to sieze my Siggy's decock lever, and with one quick motion, my index finger pressed, and CLICK the the hammer fell!!!

But then the longest and hardest DA trigger I have ever pulled. Enough, Siggy is saved from major surgery in New Hampshire, and all is well with the world.

To the few of you who kept telling me, "keep at it, the hammer will drop" THANKS!

jibberjabber

The decocker is definitely not a button, it is a lever. You do push it like a button to initiate, but at the same time you drag the lever downwards while depressed to complete the process. Well, whatever, i hope you can now enjoy your Sig Pro as much as I do. Happy trails.