buy the walther or sw99 ?????

panzerfuehrer

Gunpowder, no, the trijicon came with what was mounted only. I did get the standard sights included, but have not messed with them, since the trijicons work well for me. Despite having a small hand, I settled on the medium backstrap as being the most comfortable. I have not experienced any jams with the variety of ammo through it; my carrying ammo is Federal Hydra-shoks in .40 S&W.

Jet, you are correct in that the differences are not many. However, the rounded triggerguard is one reason I chose the SW99, because I feel it reholsters more smoothly. Again, it depends on what the intended use is - this is a daily carry weapon for me, and not a target or collector piece.

:cool:

------------------
Panzerführer

Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die Säue.

Master Blaster

I was at a Smith & Wesson days sale last week at my local targetmaster.

The Factory rep was there from Smith he was asked what th difference was between a german walther and the S&W ;

The German walther uses a folded and tempered
/ hardened sheet metal slide that is folded and machined to shape.

The american made version uses a forged alloy steel slide, which is forged to a 35% reduction and vacum hardened in a vacume furnace. The S&W version has a much more durrable construction that the soft metal walther made in Germany.

The S&W comes with a lifetime warranty and costs $125 less.

------------------
Master Blaster