Bush most unpopular president in history

Redworm

I am not saying that they are in any way inferior to us..just different. Our ways are not their ways and never will be.
Ethnocentrism is a powerful motivator. Some folks don't realize that different cultures have different attitudes on government, religion and even the concept of freedom.

Newsflash: America did not invent freedom. We do not get to dictate what it means for the rest of the world.

wingman

I am not saying that they are in any way inferior to us..just different. Our ways are not their ways and never will be.

Thank you for your service, I did a tour in Vietnam many years ago and knew after 4 months we really were in a no win situation while we could win battles the end results will be the same a loss for America in terms of young men(the best we have to offer In my opinion) and in economics.

What right do we as a nation have in instructing people how to live in other countries, should we and can we afford it. Let us take care of America lead by example seal our borders and ports and if attacked respond with overwhelming force but never occupy a county after the battle and become police in a foreign country so we lose young men to roadside bombs for no purpose.

We need to remove corporate America from our government foreign policy this war and others are caused by people in board rooms thinking of ways to increase profit.

Mainah

It's not the legality that bothers me but the entire concept of interventionism that has been going on for decades and gives terrorists a reason to attack us in the first place.

Of course we could adopt new policies and reduce our interventionist footprint in hopes of reducing terrorism. That's worked well for the Spaniards.

Redworm

The Spaniards have their own sets of problems. Comparing us to them and suggesting the causes for terrorism around the world are all the same makes little sense.

Terrorism is a means to an end, a method employed to achieve a political goal. Lying about that goal is counter-productive. Perhaps we should actually listen to the reasons they attack us - from the mouths of the attackers - instead of pretending that it's because they hate freedom or just want us to be Muslim.

Mainah

Terrorism is a means to an end, a method employed to achieve a political goal. Lying about that goal is counter-productive. Perhaps we should actually listen to the reasons they attack us - from the mouths of the attackers - instead of pretending that it's because they hate freedom or just want us to be Muslim.

Okay, let's pull out of Iraq and then ban political cartoons.

gc70

... the reason bin Laden gave for 9/11

Bin Laden:
"And I will talk to you about the reason for those events, and I will be honest with you about the moments the decision was made so that you can ponder. And I tell you, God only knows, that we never had the intentions to destroy the towers.

But after the injustice was so much and we saw transgressions and the coalition between Americans and the Israelis against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it occurred to my mind that we deal with the towers. And these special events that directly and personally affected me go back to 1982 and what happened when America gave permission for Israel to invade Lebanon."

Of course, that was reason Bin Laden gave when he needed wider sympathy in the Muslim world after getting kicked out of Afghanistan. Before that, he hated America because our infidel soldiers were on sacred Saudi soil, yada, yada, yada.

RiverRider

All that it will take to end terrorism is for Israel to commit national suicide, and for every other country to do exactly as the Islamofascists demand. Hey it's simple! Why don't we give it a try?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

And about islamists lying about their goals...there is a doctrine in Islam known as "al-taqiyya." It is sanctioned in the Koran, the wonderful Book of Peace. It is the doctrine of lying in order to accomplish the goal of converting the world to Islam:

http://www.hauns.com/~DCQu4E5g/koran5.html

Folks had best stop believing the politically correct bull**** they are hearing on a daily basis. Otherwise, the price is going to be very, very steep.