Build it Yourself: Parts kits?

GunXpatriot

Well I'm certainly thinking of a muzzleloader right now. Also, it seems from what you guys have given, that parts kits besides muzzleloaders, AR's, AK's, aren't really out there. Kind of disappointing. :(

What do you guys think of that ridiculous non-pistol grip stock? Anyone know of something similar that is um... Better looking? I can't seem to find anything.

You know I think if that whole stock kind of wrapped around the buffer tube, etc, it could actually look pretty badass, but maybe that's just me. Imagine something SCAR-ish. It would probably take plenty of time at the drawing board to come up with such a thing...

:p

GunXpatriot

Ironically, the 10/22 Gatling gun, is probably the only thing there that would be legal. Whether it accepts the regular 10 round mags is really irrelevant, 7 legal rounds for each mag is just kind of... I dunno, seems like a total waste.

Nickel Plated

Well there are kits for a wide variety of guns out there. HK G3s and MP5s (or semi variants of those) STENs UZIs MACs. The problem is few of those besides the AKs and ARs can be build with the tools found in your typical toolbox and even fewer would be legal in NY.

Regarding that AR stock. It has to be goofy looking. If the stock connected to the buffer tube like a thumbhole stock. It would be...well a thumbhole stock which is still a banned feature under the NY AWB same as a pistol grip ( I believe, definitely in the 5 boroughs, not 100% about the rest of the state.)

GunXpatriot

From what I can see, STENS seem to be good to go for NY, features-wise... I'd just need a 10 round magazine, and a good video on how to assemble one. Because the gun in itself is cool, being 9mm, etc. I wanted a Sub-2000, but I guess this isn't a bad alternative. Granted, 10 round magazines might be a pain to get...

Now the Sten with this stock...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sten

That doesn't fold, does it? Doesn't seem like it, but I'm seeing others that look like they may fold and I also seen a pic of one that does, but this one doesn't appear to be able to... I dunno, I'll have to look into this more, but it's close to something I'd like, definitely.

Uh, but off-hand, what "annoying" things would I need? Because like you said, building an AR (and I guess, an AK) seem pretty simple in the grand scheme of things... But I can't imagine a STEN being that difficult... Right?

And yeah, I guess it would be a "thumbhole" stock, but I dunno, there's gotta be a better design choice than that goofy thing. Problem is, if I ordered a lower receiver, would I have to register it right then and there because they assume I'm building an "Aircraft anihilating organ grinding hypercannon" Assault weapon? Because it's not like it'd have the features, YET... This is all so convoluted and f'ed up, it's ridiculous...

Any of my NY brothers (and sisters), please, we have to change this... It's certainly possible if we all band together... I thought they were suing NY state over this, but I never really heard about that, the law being unconstitutional, etc, etc... I dunno, there's gotta be something we can do about this BS.

GunXpatriot

Also, is it me, or does the STEN look far more scary/dangerous than anything we have today!?

It just seems like some evil genius put together some kind of cheap zip gun out of spare parts, made it full auto (or semi-auto in this case) and somehow, somewhere, Reginald Shepherd and Harold Turpin got the schematics?

Wait... Maybe they're the evil geniuses. Or just smart and economical. Could be either of the two. Either way, that thing looks threatening as hell.