Brown Bear 9mm not reloadable

Freight_Train

Your not an idiot your just ignorant(Not a bad word.Read the true definition.)Read up and get educated.No one here knew instantly how to reload a round of ammo perfectly.I still have problems.

Freight_Train

Ok,Crash course.Reload brass cases only.Gold in color and not magnetic.Some steel is copper washed and can look like brass.After a very short period of time you will be able to tell brass from copper washed instantly.Look down the neck,1 hole in the center Boxer primed.Reloadable.2 or more holes not in the center Berdan still reloadable but a LOT of work and only reloadable if you have funky odd ball caliber like 7.7jap,7.5MAS yella belly or anything else that hasnt' been produced in years.Clean all brass before loading.Never use any cleaner with ammonia.Ammonia attacks brass molecularly and causes it to brittle up and crack.Almost all people use a vibrating tumbler with corn cob media or crushed walnut shell(Very dusty if you don't have a sealed bowl).inspect all brass for cracks around the neck and base.if there is a crack,it is junk.If you use a powder throw measure every 20th throw to make sure it is still accurate.Never mix powders.

Uncle Buck

C'mon guys, if you have never made a mistake, then call the rest of us names.

I have:
Set the powder scale wrong
Used the wrong projectile
Used the wrong powder
Over expanded the cartridge case
Thrown double charges
Loaded bullets into cases with no powder
Dumped a bottle of powder on the loading table and floor
Dropped several boxes of primers
Tried to load steel/aluminum cases
Gotten cases stuck in my die
Set my seater die wrong

In each situation I discovered my error because of something you guys said here on the forum. I stopped what I was doing and asked questions. I have five reloading manuals and I go online to check powder charges and bullet types. (I learned that from you guys, Thanks.)
Will I screw up again? I guarenteeeeee I will. But, like Mike, I hope I will continue to realize when I do something wrong or realize something is not right and I hope you guys are here to help me out when I do. (especially when I decide to start reloading shotgun shells.)

Mike: Like they said above, just check the brass before you reload it.

While I was getting my reloading stuff together, I picked up a lot of brass. I did not know there was a difference when it came to reloading different types of cartridges.
When I first read the part of different types of primers and cases, I did not have a clue what they were talking about.

Don't give up and most importantly, if you have a question, make sure to ask. The majority of the post here are helpful and positive. They answered your question.

teeroux

I saw a vid on a guy who reloads 7.62X39 and .223 in steel case and loads Boxer into 7.62X39 Berdan by punching out the anvil with his decaper and loctiting the primer in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mbf4C-8ViM

So there is at least one case where someone does it, but I would think that it may affect the pressure or case integrety (in a negative way;)) by having three flash holes and undersized primers in your loads.

Jehzsa

Just enjoy shooting the Brown Bear and forget about it. The resolution is simple and inexpensive.

At the classifieds on most forums, you will find people who sell brass cases. For 9mm they can sell for around $40.00 per thousand. At times shipping included, at times not. If you go this way, I recommend once-fired cases. Those can usually be obtained at a police range. Most, if not all, PDs do not use reloads. That's how you know they are once-fired.

Or you can purchase new. Starline, Win, etc. These http://www.scharch.com/products.php?cat=23 should give you many reloads.

HTH