Brand New Glock Non-Functional...

JohnKSa

Administrator
Ever wonder how a 3.5lb connector makes the pull lighter?
attachment.php

The trigger is partially pulled to put the trigger bar (rounded metal piece) near the connector "ramp" for an easy visual. The connector ramp forces the end of the trigger bar down, out of contact with the striker, to fire the pistol.

It's easy to see why the 3.5lb connector makes for an easier job of forcing the trigger bar downwards...

JohnKSa

Administrator
$489. Same price as one that goes bang. In one sense, that's a pretty good deal given that it takes more machining to make a cutaway than it does a standard gun. In another sense it's crazy because it's just a hunk of metal that won't shoot.

I like the tinkering as much as the shooting, so I prefer to take the "pretty good deal" view of the situation! :D

thawntex

Quote: "Even that Glock is more reliable than most pistols our there."

Sir, is this a serious comment? I've read enough of your posts to conclude that your comments border on spam.

Is there an objective bone in your body? How in God's name does this kind of brainless drivel help the original poster? Are you really so blindly committed to the Glock brand that you need to make sweeping generalizations about "most pistols out there"?

I think it likely that you crave attention, and I'm kicking myself for giving it to you. However, forums are supposed to help people, and I have to point out my belief that many of your comments are downright asinine. You have the potential to give the wrong ideas to new firearm owners who come here looking for real answers, not biased opinions.

dave421

Wow! Now you can buy a Glock pre-KB'd???

Can't say I understand spending the money on it but I have played with them many times and they are really cool. Talking about the firing pin and the warning on the slide, I thought the chamber was also blocked so that you couldn't chamber a live round. It's been a while since I looked at one of them.

evan1293

Sir, is this a serious comment? I've read enough of your posts to conclude that your comments border on spam.

Is there an objective bone in your body? How in God's name does this kind of brainless drivel help the original poster? Are you really so blindly committed to the Glock brand that you need to make sweeping generalizations about "most pistols out there"?

I think it likely that you crave attention, and I'm kicking myself for giving it to you. However, forums are supposed to help people, and I have to point out my belief that many of your comments are downright asinine. You have the potential to give the wrong ideas to new firearm owners who come here looking for real answers, not biased opinions.

Glockeroo...This dude's too new to know that your THE MAN!!! ;)

John...Very Cool!!!...Evan wants one too:)

Even the newbie can put his thoughts down through the keyboard better than I can.:(
Well, at least you pointed out what I think....:D

Cool cut-away gun but a waste of $ IMO

Training aids such as that are priceless...

Cool pickup John...

Last edited:

JohnKSa

Administrator
Training aids such as that are priceless...
YES! It's a training aid. :D

I'm an incurable tinkerer. The idea of something that's sole purpose in life is to be tinkered with was just about irresistible. ;)

JohnKSa

Administrator
Aha! A challenge! :D

Ok, from your free schematics, determine the ratio between the amount of spring compression on the striker spring due to the slide movement vs trigger movement.

Next, determine at what point in the trigger pull the firing pin safety is clear of the firing pin.