Brand New Glock Non-Functional...

JohnKSa

Administrator
I bought it today. I thought there might be a problem and asked the store to test fire it for me (they have a tiny test range in back). They refused--go figure...

Their policy is no returns on firearms so I guess I'm stuck with it.

I hope y'all can help me fix it--can anyone spot the problem?
attachment.php

This is my first & only .40S&W pistol. Interestingly enough it came with a cleaning brush & cleaning rod. Don't expect to put much use on them... :D

Attachments

• Cutaway.jpg
    Cutaway.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,621

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
From what I can see:D it is fine... maybe you could send it back to the maker and "see" if they can "see" a problem...
Brent

JohnKSa

Administrator
This purchase will haunt me for awhile. It's hard enough justifying a gun purchase to the wife, explaining why you want (I mean, NEED) one that doesn't work is really tough. :D

Think you know what the rounds look like stacked in the magazine? I did, but I was wrong...

In the main body of the magazine they're stacked like one expects, but near the top, where the magazine starts to taper, the magazine design changes the orientation of the rounds to the proper angle for feeding.

I just assumed that the rounds were all at the same angle inside the magazine and the taper at the top didn't do anything but channel the body down to the width of a single round. But there's more going on in there than I thought.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Loaded magazine.jpg
    Loaded magazine.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 979

Ozzieman

IF you had purchased a 1911 you wouldn’t have that problem!
One more reason not to buy plastic guns!:mad:

Can I get that fantastic weight reduction done to my G26?:eek:

Is this the new "SAFE" gun the government wants us to have?:confused:

OK, maybe I should have gone to a gunsmith instead of trying to do that trigger job myself.:(

New safe airline pilots gun.:cool:

Katsumi Liquer

Look behind the foam padding of the case that the gun came in; there should be a small roll of Tenifer-coated duct tape there that you can use to seal up the holes. :D

JohnKSa

Administrator
Maybe you need some cutaway ammo?
You know what, the firing pin on the gun has had the nose milled off so it couldn't reach the cartridge. On top of that, there is no hole in the breechface. The gun is about as inert as a gun can be--and YET...

Look at the message on the slide.

Oh, and Ken, the recoil spring is showing. (Talk about obsession... :D)

attachment.php

...Tenifer-coated duct tape...
:eek: Now there's something ANY guy could be obsessed about!

Attachments

• Cutaway Slide.jpg
    Cutaway Slide.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 788

BerettaFox

the first thing i thought is that it came with a guiderod that was cracked and on the first shot it broke, hahaha. then i saw the picture of your fancy paper weight.... sweet looking... and would be freaky if it shot.