Bombing has begun

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Bombing to occur all night in Afganistan. At daylight, if military is satisfied with Taliban anti-aircraft suppression food drops will begin.

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Bush speaking right now. Outlines attack with elements of US, British and Canadian military

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Excellent speech by Bush..."this will be relentless". Though he didn't say specifically, implication that ground troops are poised.

Analysts say we already have ground recon/harrassment troops already working.

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Power out in Kabul.
Various well-armed anti-Taliban forces set to come in from from eastern and western borders in concert with Northern alliance in pincer movement.

US 10th Mountain Div in Usbekistan geared up.

WilderBill

Well it's about time.
I think we should also drop pictures of us dancing in the streets with automatic rifles...if only any of us knew where to find such items. ;)

Lennyjoe

THat it has! I too agree that its about time.

Just do me a favor, take time to say a quick prayer for my brothers and sisters high in the sky so that they may return home safe so they can bomb some more.

We really need to keep an eye out for the foes here in the U.S. for sure now. IM sure the fanatics will try and do something to the U.S. now that we're beating the Taliban knuckleheads down.

USP45

Watch for contingency retaliation by 'sleeper' agents within our borders...

I wouldn't want to be in DC, NYC, LA, Boston, et al. right now...

Good luck 10th! Make us proud!

~USP

CastleBravo

Not to take anything away from Bush AT ALL, but Tony Blair gave a very good speech as well, where he pointed out how Bin Laden funds his activities by selling heroin. Just in case you didn't hate the bastard enough already.

Spectre

Staff Alumnus
Good. Now, let's take THIS one all the way!

I see BL's is trying to make this out to be a war against Muslims...he also said America had it coming!

Brett Bellmore

CastleBravo, it might be more accurate to say that WE finance their operations, by waging a war on some drugs that renders growing poppies a few thousand times more profitable than it would otherwise be.

hkg3

"Aunt-jo-mamas Original Mississippi Style, BIG Can-O-Whoopass" has just been opened.

Did we ACTUALLY declare war?

Balddog

Lets just pray that our troops stay as safe as possible and get the thing over with as soon as they can.

Long Path

I've been listening to some dolt on NPR saying that the U.S. and Britain have made a huge blunder by doing this "unilaterally" (ummm, that would be "bi-laterally," wouldn't it?), because we're squandering away the international sympathy for the U.S. Better, said he, to have pressed the attack as a large multi-national (read: U.N. contingency). Oh, sure. :rolleyes: Might as well send the following telegram:
TO: OSAMA BIN LADDEN

FROM U.N. SECURITY COUNCIL

REF: ATTACKS ON YOUR POSITIONS.

//ATTACKS WILL TAKE PLACE AT AREAS X, Y, AND Z AT 16:00 GMT ON 7 OCT 2001//UNITS A WILL BE AT LOCATION 1, UNITS B WILL BE AT LOCATION 2, AND UNITS C WILL BE AT LOCATION 3 AT +5 GMT THAT DATE//

//FURTHER NEWS REPORTS AS THEY DEVELOP//

//U.N. OUT//
Seems to me that we were unilateral recipients of the attack. And who's stopping the other nations of the world from hitting them, too? If other nations of the world want to help, by all means, get in there and get some!

LawDog

Staff Emeritus
dv55469.jpg

LawDog