Bolt Storage in Safe

drobs

Can you alternate - bolt open & bolt closed or bolt no bolt?

Shop I frequent stores all his guns in safes every night. His process / order for storing the bolt guns is rifle with a bolt then rifle without a bolt. AKA - Bolt - No Bolt.

I used a Cheap Homak metal gun locker for the longest time before buying my Liberty. I had some muzzle up and some muzzle down. Pretty wood stocked long guns were stored in gun socks to protect their finish.

If your goal is fire protection w/ your safe - you really need to get the ammo out of there. Get a cheap gun locker to store it in.

In the Ozarks where I live, the joke amongst the volunteer fire department is... they never lost a whole tract of land to a fire.

Sure everything was burned to a crisp but the land was still there.

Suburbia - with a good full time Fire Department - your guns might have a chance of surviving a fire separated from ammo.

Cheapshooter

Lots of options here:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...qmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_6n77j9xwgp_e
Velcro storage pouches on the door, under shelf drawer, even the Z shaped gun hanger hooks to hold storage bags with the various bolts labeled with what rifle they go in.
Properly labeled I see absolutely no reason the bolts can't be stored seperately.
Also, for those who obviously don't know, the company that sells Rifle Rods suggest ammo boxes or cans under shorter guns in order to make the rods work properly.

Screwball

Velcro storage pouches on the door, under shelf drawer, even the Z shaped gun hanger hooks to hold storage bags with the various bolts labeled with what rifle they go in.

Properly labeled I see absolutely no reason the bolts can't be stored seperately./QUOTE]

I have a few Lockdown things attached to the door already, so the full door organizers are a no go.

Was looking at the magnet, but wouldn't feel comfortable with it on the door. If I put it under a shelf, I'm sure it would work, but how long before the magnet loses its power to the point that the bolts start dropping?

The pistol pockets with the hole in the bottom for the barrel seem to work, but not sure if it would eventually slide through. Simple solution to that would be to sew up the hole so just the main shaft of the bolt fits through. Then, as with most stuff I have, a little card label would tell which rifle it belongs to.