Boar Hunting--which gun should I bring?

ammo.crafter

big pigs

The .35 will work for pigs of that size. I do lots of hog hunting and use a .444 with 300gr and a S&W #57 in .41 mag for follow up.

Hogs at 300 LBS + can be hard to put down and you should place your shot carefully and do not let the adrenilin get in your way. Be ready for a second shot. I would leave the bolt action at home and same for the shotgun.

Have fun; they're good eatin'!::D

stephen426

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am planning on going on a hog hunt as well. As you can see from my signature, my arsenal has few suitable hunting weapons. The natural choice would be the shotgun or the .357 mag. While hogs have been downed with less, I don't want to risk simply injuring an animal.

I was thinking about investing in a rifle but I want to get a good general purpose cartridge that can be used on different game. I was thinking about a .30-06 since that would be good for deer as well. I am thinking about getting a Sako 75 since it came very highly recommended. I did a search for Sako on this forum but I didn't find very much. Please share any experiece you guys might have with this rifle.

Pointer

No pig is going to travel anywhere near 2500 feet per second

Careful with this one...

He only needs about one second to travel about 35 feet!!

Make the first shot count... just like with a human assailant...

If someone will send me step by step instructions on how to post a video...
I will post a VERY interesting and exciting pig hunting video for this thread...