Blue Dot Info needed

74A95

Many manuals don't list a lot of things. Sometimes its because their results were not suitable, or consistent. Sometimes because a given load is not what the majority of the public is looking for. Sometimes something doesn't get listed simply because there was none on hand to test when they did the testing.

I think it's more realistic to say that there are just too many powders to test. With some 60+ powders that can work in the 9mm, testing them all would be too expensive and time consuming (= too expensive because you have to pay the people to do all those tests).

totaldla

Thanks to all, and a repeat to Marco for the 2017 Speer data on 115gr. that matches my Speer #12, 1994 manual.

It looks like my 6.8gr is an "underdose" but I'm now seating at a deeper 1.098." I wonder how the pressure looks with 7.7gr and seated 1.135."

I'll try Recycled Bullet's recipe just to see what 8.0 gr looks like with a 115gr RN seated at 1.1" - !!
Personally, I would take a fired case, insert a bullet far enough to stay put, and then "plunk" it into the chamber of my pistol. Give it a push until the the brass hits the chamber/throat. Pull out and measure this dummy round COL - subtract 0.010" for brass variation. This is now the maximum COL you should use for that pistol.
Blue Dot is a very slow powder for 9mm and I doubt you can blow anything up with boo-boos. But I would suggest you assemble a few using your newfound COL and the starting load in published load data for that bullet weight. Run them over a chronograph ideally, or at least see how they feel,how far the brass is thrown, and what the fired primers look like.