BLEW UP a Kimber today...........

cowboypilot

Old School

I agree, in retrospect, that the scenario I have described is a formula for disaster. I have only recently understood some of the issues. Prior to understanding you have to take the advice of others, and you need a way to judge who that should be. That is one of the reasons I am happy to find this forum. There are clearly lots of opinions here, but there also seems to be real knowledge. The latter can be hard to come by. I was on the verge of abandoning hand loading, or selling the P99 and abandoning the 40 cal round. I may change my mind based on what I am reading here.

D. Manley

Old School

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, in retrospect, that the scenario I have described is a formula for disaster. I have only recently understood some of the issues. Prior to understanding you have to take the advice of others, and you need a way to judge who that should be. That is one of the reasons I am happy to find this forum. There are clearly lots of opinions here, but there also seems to be real knowledge. The latter can be hard to come by. I was on the verge of abandoning hand loading, or selling the P99 and abandoning the 40 cal round. I may change my mind based on what I am reading here.

PM reply sent.

You'll be fine just avoid top-end loads as "first-choice", watch the fast-burning powders until you get a little more experience under your belt and follow safe, reloading procedures. And FWIW, the more reloading manuals you have the better...for new reloaders, "The ABC's of Reloading" is a worthy investment.