BlackWater.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonR101395

P226
With the Sig is overpriced thread and the abundance of BlackWater is a bunch of trigger happy hooligan threads in abundance in recent times I bought this yesterday to show my support for both companies. Was it overpriced? Probably since it's just another P226 with 5 mags, stainless slide, night sights, nice grips and a little laser engraving, but I didn't care for my P229 and wanted a P226.

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

Zombie Steve

...looks nice to me.

More power to the company that can charge more and still be in business! More power to the entreprenuers that can make a buck doing something new. Hooray capitalism!

How's she shoot?

DonR101395

...looks nice to me.

More power to the company that can charge more and still be in business! More power to the entreprenuers that can make a buck doing something new. Hooray capitalism!
:D
How's she shoot?

I'm heading to the range in 30 minutes or so. I'll let you know.

Silvanus

The P226 is one of my dream handguns. They are probably overpriced, but I loved them since I was a little child and saw one in a firearms encyclopedia book, so I'll get one eventually :D

Yours looks awesome! Congrats on your new purchase:)

Both companies deserve the support IMO.

Small Tony

Sig also

My next handgun is going to be a Sig for sure. I am new to handguns in general. Besides caliber I don't see much of a difference between the 220, 226 and 229. Unless I am missing the small details that seperate these models.

Anyone care to give a brief explanation on the differences? Thanks,

I paid $832 for a P229 SCT (Super Capacity Tatical with fiber optic night sights).

I don't think that is much over dealer cost and it was the cheapest I had seen anywhere. It shoots great and I love it.

Overpriced? I'm not so sure. Yes they are in the ball park of an HK USP, and are much more than an XD, Walther, Glock, FN, etc. But all of those guns are polymer guns. Of course gun with a stainless slide and aluminum frame is going to be more expensive than a plastic framed and conventional blued steel gun.

Now is an HK overpriced as compared to the other polymer guns, that is a legitimate argument, but an HK is a heck of a gun.

So I'm leaning that the Sig P226 or 229 are not over priced. It is a stainless slide with aluminum alloy frame. Much more workmanship and machining time spent on a Sig versus a poly gun.

Small Tony,
There basically isn't a difference in the guns. The frames of the 220's are the same looking at them. I've only held them and don't have the exact dimensions, but I believe the frames are the same size.

The neat thing about Sig is that their prices basically depend upon the finish you get them in and whether you get an "Elite" or not. Essentially all Stainless Steel models will cost the same whether it is a 220 or 226.

Just decide what finish you want and whether or not you want an Elite. The pricing points on the calibers are the same at that point.

Now they have the P2022 which is a polymer framed gun but I havent heard or read much about it. It is quite a bit cheaper than the aluminum framed guns and get you in the pricing point of a Walther P99 I believe. I maybe wrong though.

Hallucinator

I love my Blackwater. It's at Sig right now getting a TFO front sight (I never did like the red front site) and a short reset trigger. It's a fine pistol. I think the notoriety of the Blackwater organization will make it a collector's item. Meanwhile, it's a great gun to shoot.

IZinterrogator

I never did like the red front site
I never could figure out why it came with red in the front and green in the back. Since your eyes pick up green better, it should have the green up front. I would prefer yellow over red in the back, but to each their own. It just seems to me like the guy who wrote up the specs for the pistol didn't read up about colors and the eyes' ability to see them. That being said, I really like the grips that come with it and five magazines is a nice touch!

softmentor

sweet

I love that 226. I'm a pretty hard core HK guy but I do like the 226. My son doesn't think there are any other guns in the universe except the 226 LOL but he likes the .40 and the blackwater I believe is only available in 9mm.
sweet! happy shooting!

Axion

Anyone care to give a brief explanation on the differences? Thanks,

Sure,

The 226 and the 220 are full sized guns. The 220 is .45 acp and the 226 can be had in 9mm, .40 S&W, or .357 sig.

The P229 is the "compact" version of the 226 with a 3.9 barrel (vs. the 4.4 incher in the 226). The grip is also a bit shorter on the 229. All in all the 229 is similar in size to the USP compact, or a Walther P99.

Chui

The P220 has a single column magazine and can be had in .45 ACp and sometimes 9mm.

The P226 has a double column magazine and can be had in several calibers - none in .45 ACP.

Be sure to get the Short RESET Trigger installed.

Atticus Thraxx

Not sure what the point of the Blackwater relationship, but it's a Sig,and that's good enough for me. Kinda strange grip on that bugger though.

redblair

I love my 229 but am starting to think the the 226 would be a better fit in my hand. Your Blackwater looks great.

B

DonR101395

Not sure what the point of the Blackwater relationship, but it's a Sig,and that's good enough for me. Kinda strange grip on that bugger though.

Blackwater authorized them to use their logo for a signature pistol. It's simply a marketing thing. Kinda like adding SEAL to something if you want to sell it for more money.
As for the grip if you're referring to the front of the grip it's just skateboard tape. I prefer to use it on the front of my Sigs and 1911s vs checkering or wraparound grips. It just gives me a better gripping surface IMO.

I got it out to the range yesterday. Shoots great, just like the other Sigs I own. Shoots POA/POI at 15 yards; about 1/2" low at 25 yards. I didn't take it to our 40yd line, but will the next time out. Offhand at 15yds no problems holding 3" or less groups with Wolf ammo. I'm sure they will tighten up with a better quality ammo, but I won't know until I start reloading 9mm again. I only put 150 rounds through it, but can't see any flaws as of yet, other than the red tritium front sight has to go. I'll swap it out for a factory green.

john37

i got a p226 blackwater recently as well. I also got the SRT and AEP, worth every penny. The reset is so short and trigger pull so smooth. Best 9mm i've ever shot.

rellascout

I would not take a Blackwater Sig P226 if you gave it to me. Their reckless actions do nothing but reflect poorly on other contractors and our Country in general. That blackwater edition Sig is nothing more than a marketing piece.

I love the Sig P226 just not the Blackwater edition.

Skip the Sig Factory SRT and the Factory AEP. Proceded directly to gray guns and get it done by those who developed the SRT. I have had a Sig AEP P220 and currently own a P226 Tactical with Bruce Gray work and the Bruce Gray pistol is better by a mile.

http://www.grayguns.com/docs/smith_sig.htm

P.S. Blackwater issues Glocks not Sigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.