Best "summer gun" for less than $300

johnwill

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tecolote:
Properly carried a Makarov isn't heavy at all. [/quote]

No matter how you carry it, it's always going to weight the same amount. :) Seriously, the Mak is a bit large and heavy for his stated purpose, at least IMO.

Marcus

The Keltec P-11 or P-40 are mighty hard to beat in this catagory. Get one in parkerized or hard chrome add the factory available belt clip and you`re set. A 9mm or .40 Keltec with the clip is just as easy to carry and conceal as most .25s or .32s in a holster. I carry my P-11 all summer long concealing it under it T shirts and sleeveless shirts with no problem at all. Make sure to get a lot of practice in with it if you get one,it`ll take a little while to get used to the long DA trigger pull but once you are it`s no problem at all. Marcus

Jeff OTMG

Used S&W J-frames run about $240 - $325. I carry a mod 38 (airweight Bodyguard) in the summer with MagSafes. Even a used mod 60 shouldn't be over $300.

Kentucky Rifle

When I purchased my Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380, the price was $385.00.
I bought it for summer carry. Stainless slide and only 12.5 ounces. Trying to find a new pistol for under $300.00 will be difficult.
However, my Kel-Tec P-32 was about $250.00, but it's a .32. I do know someone who is very happy with a Bersa .380. I saw a new one today for about $200.00.

Good luck,

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the system we live in.

Edd Harbin

The Kahr E9 is a great gun. I recently got one and it is a wonder to shoot. I've put close to 500 rounds through it , including some 115 +p rounds and it functioned flawlessly . The price range is 350-385 but its worth every penny and then some .