Best squirrel gun

buck460XVR

Paint ball guns are great. No worry about shooting up the lawn furniture or killing a neighbor with a ricochet. And it allows you to shoot some of the furry little ba$tards lots of times, though you will get some 1 shot kill

true Jeff, except for the part about no worry about shootin up things.....:D

birdfeeder.jpg

AZGunLover

I use a scoped Ruger 10/22 with .22 CB long. The CB won't cycle the action but the longs will work in the magazine and you can cycle it manually. It is very quiet but still powerful enough to go through a 2"x4".

banditt007

if you are talking grey/red type squirrels you might want to make sure there isnt a season on them ect. here in NY there is a season/bag limit ect, considered small game. things can get real nasty quick if you are killing game animals out of season. with that said i wouldnt use a .410. its more expensive to shoot and harder to find shells for, and isnt really good for much IMO. better off w/ a 12 or 20 gauge single shot. check out the ones from H&R quality and simple. and if you get it on a rifle reciever you can swap all sorts of shotgun AND rifle barrels onto it. they are like $100 or less.

CALNRA

I got some CB long today and shot them through a Marlin 22 autoloader. It's pretty quiet, no more than a loud airgun and got me a crow on the first shot. good stuff.

FirstFreedom

I will say, in response to suggestions of a rimfire, that I think a .410 shotshell or .22 mag shotgun (garden gun) is preferable here, mostly because she's not an experienced shooter and it gonna need all the help she can get in just making the hit, and b), it is much less dangerous than a rimfire in the event of a miss - doesn't carry nearly as far.

SpiritWalker

I agree with FirstFreedom, my personal preference for squirrel hunting is a .36 cal. flintlock Pennsylvania long rifle but what would be "best" in the situation described is the trusty 410. Safe and effective.

rgates

Is she in city limits or out ?

If in, a good air rifle. If out, a .22 .

My personal favorite is a Ruger 10/22 with CCI Mini-Mags or CCI Stingers.
Very accurate and deadly combination.

CALNRA

CB=conical ball, a reduced charge 22 round that can be had in 22short, 22long(same case length as 22LR) sizes.