Best small concealed carry gun?

keithdog

I carry my S&W Shield on a daily basis and love it. Most of the time I will continue to carry it. However, there are times I wish I had a true pocket gun, of which I don't consider the Shield to be, compact as it is. It's still a little bulky and heavy to toss into my pants or shorts pocket. I know some of you big guys find it fine with your apparel. However, at 5'5" tall, my clothing doesn't have such large pockets. I'm not sure which direction to go in caliber or style. The .22LR, 380ACP, or another ? Revolver or semi auto? To me, a small 22LR would be ideal in size, though it seems many have reliability issues. Any suggestions you would have would be appreciated!

K_Mac

I think a Ruger LCP is a great choice. It packs a decent punch. It is also light and small enough to carry easily. There are still good deals to be had on earlier models. I carry one around the house and forget about it.

Coyote Blue

The S&W 340PD .38/.357 at 16 oz. and 2" barrel is my choice. Power and easily concealed in a very neat package. I've had mine for 8 years and will never part with this very special gun.

sgms

I'm sure that this will be of no help to you and it is just my own opinion (and probably worth every cent you paid for it:D) the best small ccw is the one you are most comfortable with carrying and trust the most. For me and pocket carry it's a S&W 642 or a Kel-Tec P-11. I do have several that are a bit smaller in .22, .32, and .380 but when carrying one of them I'm just not as comfortable as I am with the S&W or Kel-Tec. (Though I sometimes do when size it the determining factor in what I can carry.)

AK103K

Get a Smart Carry, and you can carry your S&W comfortably and without issue with most pants or shorts. You can even do so without a shirt. No need to miniaturize/compromise what you carry.

Im 5'6" 155-160# and carry a Glock 26 in mine. Ive used one with everything from my Seecamps to a Glock 19 and SIG P239. Its the most versatile holster I have.

WyMark

Bill, I was just about to say P32, and was kind of surprised that you hadn't already. You must be slowing down in your old age.

salvadore

Hey dog, my wife's m21 Beretta is a great carry gun but not always reliable with different 22 ammo, but stingers and velocitators always work. My 317 works with everything but isn't as covenient to carry. I'd take a look at the Beretta.

jr24

Not a fan of really small pocket guns (I can pocket carry a j-frame or even a Glock 26 when the need arises) BUT I did have a LCP for a few years that was a great little gun. Easy to conceal in a pocket and a good shooter for such a small gun.

I do miss it some days.

AK103K

Ive had/used quite a few little guns over the years, and my Seecamps were always the ones that filled that role best. I always thought they were the ones all the others were to be judged by.

That said, my Seecamps are now retired, and one of my Glock 26's now rides in the same type holster, and in the exact same place as the Seecamps did, and no one has ever been the wiser.