• Springfield XD

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Glock

Votes: 72 42.1%
  • S&W MP

Votes: 43 25.1%

• Total voters

Loge

XD Fits hand like my Colt 1911. Fully supported chamber - safer than a Glock (too safe for some?). Steel Mags. Good price and great warranty.
Mine's proven both reliable and accurate. Croatia's a beautiful place.

bdb benzino

Why no CZ P07 Duty's,HK's,or FNP's on the list??:confused:\ If I was to get a poly peice, I would probably opt for one with a hammer and traditional SA/DA.:D\

Of the ones you listed it would be tough between XD or M&P.

NWCP

HK not only made the first polymer pistol it still makes the best IMHO. Since it wasn't on your short list... :confused:

Offshore43

I really like my XD, it works well for me and shoots well (45 ACP 5"). this is the Pistol that fits for me better than any of the others (Taking into account Form, Firing, Accuracy, Grip, Safety, Cost, Ease of Maintenance, etc...). I like H&K as well although I shot better groups with the XD. I find Glock's Bulky regardless of Caliber and model. These are just my opinions and what works for me, all the weapons listed are great weapons to use.

Coltman 77

I voted for the M&P.

I've been very pleased with mine. The ergos are great, it feels good in hand, points naturally and is reliable and accurate. It seems to have a lower bore axis than the others.

I looked at Glocks and the XD series and they are very nice but I decided on the S&W, ymmv.

zip22

ceadermtnboy said:
I have owned all three, and even thought ergo's are not as good as the other two I went back to and am staying with the Glock Here is why:

M&P has the worst take down!! I hate the tool in handle.

what? everything I have seen says you can just pull the trigger - then its the same as the others in the group

edit: after a bit more looking, I guess it depends on if you have the mag safety or not
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347663

curtismann

How's about the CZ Phantom? Great ergos, high capacity, dead-nuts accurate, and in the same price bracket as the three listed. Czech Love, baby!

darkgael

title

Y'know - "Best Poly Gun" and "favorite poly handgun" are not the same thing. At least "favorite" can be answered accurately. I voted Glock because it is the only one of the three that I own and have used. (I do have another "poly" gun but it is not listed (FN FiveSeven.)).
Pete

sholling

These "best" polls have their place but the reality is that when talking about these three handguns you're looking at equal reliability. Roughly equal accuracy. And a full compliment of available accessories for each. At this level it all comes down to ergonomics and personal taste.

I happen to like the M&P for its ergonomics and low bore axis.

Spammy_H

My personal vote is for the XD - the Glock's grip doesn't work for me - it's too blocky. Those with larger hands/longer fingers would probably disagree.

The ergonomics of the XD, along with how well I shoot it put it over the top for me. I like the fact that the XD also has a grip safety. I feel this is very important as well for a gun w/o a manual safety.

Having said that, I have a lot of respect for the M&P. S&W did it right on this one and seem to have done a really good job tailoring this weapon for the law enforcement market.

brocken

What about Beretta? PX4?

Before I bought my Beretta I would have voted for the XD. Much more comfortable for me than the Glock or SW.
Then I held the PX4 and couldn't go back to the XD.

howwie

Glock, shot all three and G19 was perfect for me. But my bud prefers his XD no biggie. +1 for Hk's tho, just can't afford one yet;)

cougar gt-e

"best" is almost impossible to determine. Change the testing criteria and you change the answer.

Glock is popular and has proven robust. Funny grip angle.

I like the Xd line better than the glocks. Personal preference.