• Springfield XD

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Glock

Votes: 72 42.1%
  • S&W MP

Votes: 43 25.1%

• Total voters

1006smith

Of the three listed handguns in this poll, which is your favorite polymer gun? I did not include the sigma becasue S&W is pushing the MP right now to the L.E. market and CCW market. Please, no bashing here; just why the one you pick is your favorite.

If this poll has been done before, moderator please delete it.

Last edited:

tju1973

I won't bash either the M&P or the Glock-- both are great guns. That being said, I shot a G36 before shooting (and buying) my XD45, and I liked the feel and grip of the XD more. M&P are probably great guns, but after at least holding one, I still like my XD-- try one of each..borrow or rent. ALl 3 are great choices, just find the best fit for you, and dang what others say-- you will always get haters and fanboys-- but given your 3 choices, you won't go wrong with whichever you choose...

good luck!

I know what everyone says about "their" guns, but I have fired in excess of 1500 through my XD, and have had exactly one FTE-- which may or may not have been my fault-- and that was in the first 100 rounds or so-- it has been flawless since...

Yankee Traveler

3) Glock is very uncomfortable for me, requireing much more concentration to shoot accuratly.
2) XD is very comfortable and easy shooting. I like the grip safety.
1) M&P has the right fit and pointability. Love the M&P

PSP

If I couldn't have my prefered HK, then;

I do not like the grip safety of the XD, otherwise it is a fine pistol.

I do not like the ergos of Glocks...they don't fit my hand, otherwise they are fine guns.

The M&P has no major flaws and seems like the one I'd choose...

... if I couldn't have a HK.

1006smith

I realize there are others out. These are the big three making the the most noise for L.E. contracts. If I can, I would edit the poll to put in an "other polymers" category but don't know how.

hoytinak

I can't stand the grip safety on the XDs (I've owned one in 9mm, .40 & .45).

I hate the hump on the back of Glocks grip (I've owned G26, 2 G19s, G17, G20, G30 & G36)

So I guess out of those 3 I'll have to go with the M&P. Which I've owned one in 9mm and really liked it but got a trade offer for a GP100 so I traded if off.

But I'd MUCH rather stick to my H&K P2000 or USP. :D

ceadermtnboy

I have owned all three, and even thought ergo's are not as good as the other two I went back to and am staying with the Glock:eek: Here is why:

M&P has the worst take down!! I hate the tool in handle.

XD was not accurate, at least my XD 45 tactical, in fact my Glock 30 outshoots it by a lot.

I do not like the grip safety on the XD, others feel the opposite, but I just like the simplicity of the Glock.

XD slide rides on plastic!! Im sure it has been tested, but just something that I did not like. I am talking about in the rear of the frame.

The Glock is easy to get, buy, and replace parts on. Mags are abundant ( M&P mags were scarce at one point ) and the GLock is simple and rugged!!

In all fairness the M&P was very accurate, but the trigger was very gritty through 2k rounds.

I now own a glock 22 (2nd generation IMO best grip design) a 26 & 30. I plan on getting a 27 to go with the 22. For me the Glock is the best choice of the three. I am not a fan boy, in fact I still favor my 1911 and Beretta M9. But if the poop every hit the fan, give me the Glocks:D

#18indycolts

Best poly gun is the one with the steel frame

:rolleyes: yeah but you don't want your pants falling down from the xtra weight. Are the anti poly crowd still wearing steel bullet proof vests, or did they give in to better, non metal alternatives?:cool:

DocDizz

A bullet-proof what?

In all seriousness, of the ugly stuff I would keep my leftovers in, I prefer the Glock ;)