Best pepper spray for home?

kraigwy

I get asked this question quite often by ladies who travel and my be traveling through or to a state they can't carry their pistol/revolver.

The problem with pepper spay or mace there are several places where they are banned, prohibited or restricted.

There is no place I know of (except maybe on airplanes) where hair spray is banned. Its quite common, (or was) for women to carry hair spay. A small can fits easily in the pocket for fast access

AND its very effective spayed in the face of a bandit.

Will it replace the handgun, NO, but there are many places guns cant be carried and no many places ban women from carrying hair spray.

Pepper spray for home? None. Absolutely none.

Outdoors with basic wind blowing it can get into your mucous membranes. Tussling with someone after you sprayed them affects you as well. Have you ever been sprayed before?

Nope. Nope. Nope.

driz

One thing for sure. These days if you manage to get a can of pepper spray accidentally past TSA you really are something special . I bet they have bags of that stuff to dispose of monthly they take off people:rolleyes:.

deadcoyote

Pretty much what everyone else said. If you use OC in your home you'll in the least experience shortness of breath and watering of your eyes. Maybe buy some of the pepper gel and test it out in your house?

David R

I sprayed a cat once to get it out of my garbage. The cat heard the spraying sound and took off in a hurry. I ran after the cat going to spray again. I ran right into the cloud of OC. It was a little nasty. Now I use wasp and bee spray. One long stream I can aim. I also keep a can near the front door. No pepper spray indoors.

I carry a handgun and pepper spray on my daily bicycle ride. The gun is for the dogs, the spray is for the owner.