Best looking revolver, new and discontinued.

clayking

Ok, what in your opinion, is the best looking discontinued revolver and what in your opinion is the best looking current new model. Pic's if you got 'em or a link to a pic..............and the everyday one's, not a bunch of custom stuff the average joe can not buy.....

For me it's the Colt Python..........

For new, I like some of the Taurus models, Tracker for instance. But not even close to the Colt in beauty....................ck

Oh, no bashing of the gun, this is a "pure" beauty contest....

Attachments

• colt_python_elite.jpg
    colt_python_elite.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 542
  • taurus tracker.jpg
    taurus tracker.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 445

Eightball

Python for "now", some of the hand-engraved SAA's of "then". Or, maybe the "LeMat" revolver--nuthin' like a shotgun-barrel axis.

But I still like my Smith:D .

18DAI

Model 29 S&W with a 6.5" barrel, just like Harry's. Close second would be a bright stainless Python, 6" of course. Regards 18DAI.

jlundy46

I'm with you 18DAI - S&W Model 29 with 6.5 inch barrel and the Colt Python with a 6 inch barrel and I would prefer blue. My S&W 50th Annivesary Model 29 should be here next week and I will post some pics.

John

BobGnKY

for the "classic", I pick my 4" Python. I think the proportion is perfect, and there's no mistaking that full lug vent-rib barrel and front ramp sight.

python_1_small.JPG

for the "new" I'd have to pick the Ruger Super BlackHawk. Again, the 7 1/2" barrel is a great proportion for the design.

rugers_2_small.jpg

I saw a Smith .500 in the candy store today, the barrel and lug are MASSIVE... kinda looks like a cartoon gun, but I bet it shoots fairly nicely with all that weight on the front end. I'd just wonder if I could keep it on target.

razorburn

Old is the colt python for sure.
Colt_Python.gif

New is either the Taurus raging bull or tracker series.

RB for the powerful brutish look, easily the most intimdating looking revolver ever made. It's already making an appearance in games and movies.
gun_ragingbull.jpg

Tracker for it's sleek lines and elegant styling. Looks like modernized version of the python.
800px-Taurus-Tracker-p1030116.jpg

Taurus_9mm

For the discontinued models I'm going with the Colt Anaconda. :)

For the current model I'll ditto the Taurus Tracker, which I do think is
a handsome gun, though wasn't initially enamored with the grips. :D

Hal

Best (new but discontinued)- tie between a 4" barreled Model 19 2/square butt & a 6" barreled Model 29 also w/square butt.

Old - Colt 1851 Navy - by just a smidge over the Colt 1861 Army The lines of the Army are more flowing, but the generous flats on the 1851 Navy lend themselves better to adronment.

tex45acp

Since Smith & Wesson discontuned making the K frame guns, it would have to be my 65-5. A 3" stainless in .357mag. Mine is a double action only revolver and I really like the lines and lok of this gun.
HPIM0557.jpg

carl418

The best-looking discontinued revolver would have to be the M29-3 Lew Horton Special. It's just a brute of a gun!!
12.jpg

The best-looking new model? I'm not sure if you can call this 586 discontinued or not. I think they brought a special run back, but since I'm not sure.... maybe I'm cheating a little! lol...
9.jpg

garryc

prSchofield.jpg

I always liked these Schofields, nice looking historical piece. They fit both catagories, discontinued by S+W, now made by Uberti

Epyon

I like the revolvers that look like the Python or Raging Bull...

I guess it's because of the cooling vents above the barrel. (Unless that's where you put the scope mount, correct me if I'm wrong.) Nothing looks as macho like the Raging Bull in a blued finish with red and black grips.

Epyon

EDIT: Razorburn, I believe the games Half-Life and Half-Life 2 have the .357 Magnum either modelled after the Colt Python, or the Taurus Raging Bull or Tracker.

WESHOOT2

"looks"

I'm a bit confused about "looks"; I mean some guys like skinny girls, some like tall girls, some like fat girls.

I like girls.
I CAN see them, see?

But, like girls, the 'look' of a gun is personal.

And a question: If a gun "looks" great yet functions fer crap, where does it stand on the 'desirability' list?