• Milt Sparks Watch 6

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Comp-Tac Minotaur

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Other...

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

brockgl

I voted other, because I just bought the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever worn for my full-size 1911... It is a Brommeland Max-Con V holster I ordered from Coal Creek Armory

Worth every penny!

sholling

I voted MTAC but another outstanding choice is the NM-Holsters #2. Nick is a stand up guy I've done business with for a couple of years and his delivery is still pretty quick. I like the extra cant of the #2 because it hold the grip more vertical making it easier for me to hide.

Breadslinger

I own a Crossbreed Supertuck; to date this is the most comfortable holster I've used. Very adjustable to accommodate just about every circumstance. I highly recommend giving it a try (2 week trial period / full refund).

Bowman28

Well they are great designs but pesonally I like the Wilson Combat Summer Companion. or just a good ol' fashion blade Tech. IWB.

BanditSRT8

Here is the most comfortable. The ONE thing I hate about carrying a 1911 is that the controls (most notably the thumb safety) dig into my side and hurt after a few hours.

This holster eliminates that... you don't even know that you're carrying a gun: http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/IWB_Holsters.htm

Plus you couldn't pay me to wedge a large chunk of plastic down my pants. I don't see how anyone calls a Kydex IWB holster comfortable in any way.

BobR

For me, hands down is the Milt Sparks VersaMax2. I have caried both a Para P14 and a Colt single stack in it. For my uses, it can't be beat.

I also have a VM2 to use for a 4" N Frame Smith and Wesson.

bob

AK103K

If you carry all the time and sweat, the Blade Techs are the way to go.

If it absolutely has to be leather, skip the rough out type holsters. They suck up sweat like a sponge.

At the time this pic was taken, the holster on the right was just over ten years old (the one on the left was a new "spare" that was never needed) and saw daily use. In all that time, a small piece of the sweat guard broke off and I replaced the straps a couple of times.

47b7d700b3127ccec27f4567d8ef00000016100CYuWbdo5bsQe3nwk

I pretty much quit using leather holsters 15+ years ago once I got that first Blade Tech. Leather just dont make it if you have the gun on all day long, and especially in the summer. I no longer carry that Commander and have since moved on to SIG, which also usually rides in a BT IWB. I have been using a Milt Sparks VMII too off and on the last year or so, mostly in the winter, and its a good holster, but I dont think its as concealble as the BT's though, due to the strap placement. Once it warms up it goes back into the holster box.

I figure I saved at least $1-200 a year on holsters when I bought that BT.( I was going through 1-2 good leather holsters a year up til then) I think I paid about $45 for that first BT holster, which works out to $4.50 a year. No more rusty guns either.

Screw leather! :D

ChicagoTex

I voted for the Crossbreed, it's my every day holster with my Kahr CW40, is cheap, and ships quickly.

Milt Sparks rigs seem nice but I seem to recall hearing there's quite a long wait on them (though I might be wrong).

I kinda like the Comp-Tac Minotaur but only because it's extremely similar to the crossbreed (though more expensive). I'm not sure which actually came first but I can't help but think of the Comp-Tac rigs as "ripoffs" of the Crossbreeds.

hoytinak

I stopped my search for the perfect IWB holster when I got my Milt Sparks VMII for my HK P2000SK. Now every one of my carry guns has a VMII to go with it. :cool:

starshooter231

Another "other" vote here.

I have to say either a #1 or #2 from Nick at nm-holsters.com. I just got the #1 for my 5inch 1911 and it is AWESOME. A great price with quick turnaround time. Here is a pick just to give you an idea.

DSC01462.jpg

ChicagoTex

Alessi PCH

Alessis, from all I've heard, are just about the best leather holsters on earth.

They're also nigh-impossible to get and the wait in somewhere in the 1 1/2 to 3 year range, from what I hear.