best holster for CCW

bearol63

What are other's thoughts on them. I have tried a crossbread I like it fine but is there any better ones out.

Don H

Sure, there are better ones out there. For some people. There is no "best holster" that will meet everone's needs. That is an individual choice, much like a carry gun is an individual choice.

smince

I like Dale Fricke's Ehud and ArchAngel, but they are specifically designed for my preferred mode of carry: Appendix-IWB.

catnphx

Bbearol63 - How do you want to carry ... appendix, pocket, 4pm, ankle, fanny pack, shoulder holster, etc...? That will determine many of the recommendations you'll get.

kinoons

As you will see holster preference will vary as widely as pistol preference. For my one EDC I have 6 different holsters depending on that days needs.

kinoons

For biz-cas Fridays your supertuck may work. You can tuck your shirt in over it. A appx carry would work. Depending on the size of your EDC pocket carry may work.

An option I use when concealment is required is the kangaroo carry. It will take an extra second to get to our pistol, but no one will see it coming.

Gideon46

Personally I like a good IWB with a loop fore and aft with at least 15 degrees cant. All IWB are not created equal. for my money and body type, the COMIII from HBE leatherworks fit's perfect and is a good value. The cant and having the belt loops as close to the gun as possible helps me.

Gideon

hk45ctp30

For myself, I prefer to carry OWB instead of IWB. I guess I may be too cheap, but I have a large selection of jeans, dress pants, etc. that fit me perfectly. If I were to go IWB, I would have to buy all new pants to wear. That's one reason. The second is that I carried a pistol for the U.S. Govt. for 38 years and we carried on the hip. That said, I carry an HK45CT on my right hip in a Raven Concealment Systems Phantom holster. I asked and had them make the holster to fit the Crimson Trace LG-645 laser guard I have on the pistol. With that holster, I can hide my pistol, which is fairly large, under a tee shirt in the summer. Hope this helps!:)

shanzlik

I use a Tucker Gunleather Cover Up most days, but on days with a heavier pistol I may switch to Tucker's Texas Heritage.

Cover Up - rough side out (stays in place better that way)
TuckerCoverUpSTIShadow.jpg

TuckerCoverUpltside.jpg

Texas Heritage - smooth side out (since it has two belt hooks)
TuckerTexasHeritagewRangerII2.jpg

Kreyzhorse

Galco Fletch OWB holsters work very well for me. I wouldn't call them the best because their are just too many well made holsters on the market.

No one holster is ever going to be the "end all". For my two main carry weapons, I have 4 different holster for each, determined by mode of dress and planned activities.

Doc Intrepid

I'm carrying small Kahr pistols these days.

I've become a huge fan of kydex holsters - leather may offer a more traditional cachet, but kydex holsters just work for me.

I carry a Kahr PM40 in a COM kydex paddle holster. Here's a link:
http://www.kahr.com/PM40-Holsters/Kahr-COM-kydex-paddle-holster-PM940-RH.asp

On a motorcycle I may stick it in a DeSantis pocket holster in an outside leather jacket pocket, but my primary daily carry mode is strongside at about 3-4 o'clock.

Attachments

• GetDynamicImage.jpg
    GetDynamicImage.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 17