Best gun game...

fed168

My favorite is from the Johnnie Walker website, called "Moorhund Jagd." All of the directions are auf Deutsch, but it is easy to play and quite silly, but a great stress reliever. All you do is shoot chickens as they fly across the screen.

OF

Rogue Spear: Urban Ops

Another vote for this one. It's the bomb :)

Play it with friends online or take the time and put a little LAN-party together. WAAAAY fun. My brother plays with some friends of his in the special forces, they won't play anything else. It is a great game. Real-world strategies and tactics tend to work in the game environment. It's amazing how quickly you get wasted for bonehead moves. The game is very un-comprimising. Great weapon selection, too.

- gabe

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
HELP

I need a little hand.
I need NO CD CRACKs for RS and Urban Ops...

And - more importantly:
I need the mod that contains ONE SPECIFIC GUN:
HK G3KA4SD.
There are a lot of mods that contain huge lists of guns - but not this one. I've played it and know its there... I just cant find it!
(a silenced HK53 or G36K would be sweet too)

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
I've seen Delta: Land Warrior.
The graphics were less than impressive - but the game did look pretty good.
One thing I did not approve of was the use of an M-4 Carbine scoped and sniping and making One Shot Kills at indicated ranges of over 600 Meters... Possible? Perchance - MAYBE... If your SERIOUSLY LUCKY... but with 100% regularity?
I dont think so!
Maybe an M-21, but not an M-4

Ding

But I suppose the flaws in the game aren't as hilarious as some of they things that the ignorant masses try to do.
-Witnessed a guy trying to shoot through a thick concrete wall with a 9mm (!) MP5.
-Some guy bitched about the AK-47 being to powerful so I reminded him that its a 7.62 round as apposed to 5.56, his response - SO what! Luckily there were no Vietnam Vets present.
-People trying to use the Steyr Scout like an assault rifle, along with the running, jumping, deathmatching routine.
-And don't they just love the old spray and pray method, especially with the 100 round M249. 100 bullets on full auto hitting the sky...
-My favourite is when a Counter Terrorist picks up an AK-47 (ie terrorist weapon) advances from behind a group of Terrorists starts shooting and because they can hear an AK they immediately think that its another terrorist, until they end up dead of course. Hell if I hear a gun firing, any gun, I take note.
-Another favorite, their opinion that using a silencer increases the accuracy of the gun...
Whoa. Find a new server. Now.

Deadman

DING very clever :)

Actually none of this happened on one server, simply random events I have witnessed over the past few months.
Can't wait to see what else they come up with....

Oh and DEAD, while I know how to map for CS/Half-Life I live in Australia so you might want to post the blueprints. :)

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
If you find the mod pack that has'm - let me know...
I am tempted to try the NATO3 mod pack... That might have it... I am just very careful when it comes to altering my programs. Some mods dont work well with others and thus I dont want to put more than one mod into my system.

DUDE

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear: Urban Operations, with World War Two Mod, i help with info for the Mod, we have M1-Garands M1-Carbine and M2-Carbine Tommy Guns the BAR MG-34 and MG42 MP40 Sten Guns the M1919A6 and a lot more.

Christopher II

George, I'd go with NATO3. I've tried twenty or so weapon mods (many at the same time,) and NATO3 is the only one i've kept. It's just the most realistic and best documented weapon mod out there.

I don't remember if NATO3 has the suppressed G3KA4, but it does have plenty of neato suppressed toys. I'm kind of partial to the Colt M4SD in 300 Whisper. Nasty.

Later,
Chris