Best american made auto??

JIH

As demonstrated, "made" depends on your definiton... do you mean made in an American plant or made by a company incorporated in the US?

caz223

Already have a .45.
I guess I'm looking for a used S&W 1006.
Finding a Delta elite for $500.00 would be tough.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
If you can find one-

in LNIB condition, an early model Smith & Wesson 39-2
in 9m/m.:) :D :cool:

+, it won't rob your savings account!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Selfdfenz

Hmmmm ,which is the lesser of the two evils...
Buy American by supporting Ruger or S&W......
Or just get something nice that runs well from "over there"......

Hmmmm???

S-

"knuckle dragger":)

caz223

For the record, there's nothing wrong with 'supporting' ruger, or s&w.
I have many of their revolvers, purchased from both companies new in the last six months.
However, I'm talking a USED smith right now, that really isn't 'supporting' anything, except the economy.
There's actually nothing 'wrong' with buying cz, sig, h&k, etc, either, because they're spending money here to keep service centers open, etc, american jobs, and there is some american parts in almost everything, besides, we have freedom in america, to buy whatever we want, whenever we want it (Within reason).
I want a gun that is without a doubt american, in an american caliber made out of american steel (Notice I didn't say plastic.), by an american company.
S&W may have made some bad decisions, but they are not the same company anymore, and they're making (And have made) some nice guns.
Colt, and ruger are also in the running, but a used smith 10mm is currently in the lead.
How's that, an american philosophy 'more power'.
Insert Tim Wilson growls here.

22mag

Hi, if you want a .380 all steel America auto in a very small pistol Try the NAA Guardian.
shoots any brand .380 and + rounds a compact solid 6+1 in barrel .I load Fed .380 90 gr. hollow hydra shok or for c c.380 RBCD 45 gr. 1400 fps ammo = (9mm) .Great gun for cc no safety like a revolver pull out and start shooting. Made in USA.

popnokick

This will probably come as a surprise to most, but Kahr is an American company that makes their firearms in the U.S.

As is Kel-Tec.

tonyulichnie

Well

I would seem to vote for the Ruger P90 or the P89 both of mine have been flawless so far.
I dont get to talk about them much as nothing goes wrong, they just keep on ticking
Tony

caz223

Neither sig, not beretta are companes you think of as american.
My 2340 says "frame made in switzerland" right on it, and berettas were not american in 1984.
While Kahrs may be made in america, they're again, not the first american made product to pop into my head. :rolleyes: (I wonder where he got his money to start Kahr???)
I don't know much about jennings, and lorcin, But I'd like something a bit more distinctive than the generic looking stuff I remember seeing from them when I was in the market earlier.
Anything that shoots .22 is out, already got a Kadet.
The 9mm is a really nice round, but smells a little too german to me.
I may be mistaken, but I think the .380 falls into the same klass.
I already have a .45, used 1911's that shoot 10mm are hit/miss.
10mm seems to be the way to go.
S&W 1006 so far.

Spackler

Geez, you're a picky S.O.B.
I'd hate to see what you're like when you're trying to decide what to order for lunch.
"Well, I like beef, but hamburger is just a little too German-sounding for me. And hoagies are Italian, so that's out..." ;)

branrot

I actually gave it some thought and wanted to grab an American gun this morning, but was running late. Wanted something with a little more firepower than my Revolvers (all American, 2 colts and a 4 S&W's), and realized that my only real American semi-auto (other than my pocket guns: Kel-Tec P11 and KBI PSP-25) was my stainless Colt Gold Cup. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a holster for it yet, so I carried my Glock 27 in an ankle holster all day, with my stainless Para-Ord P13.45 in my desk drawer... just in case.

My ex-girlfriend (as of 2 weeks ago) has a S&W 3913 Tactical, and it's a real nice gun. Been thinking of picking one up, or a 5906.

dsteinman

Somehow, I've just never been comfortable with spending my money on a product made by people who want to take away my freedom.

Actually I think the actual people making them are hard working Americans like most of us here, and probably share our view of the 2nd Amendment.

Excepting of course the ones that are still out of work bacause there are those that refuse to accept that those responsible for these past actions are HISTORY, and refuse to move on..

mho..

Brian Busch

Did you get something yet?

I just wanted to say that there is just something wrong with wanting an American semiauto in 10mm. Guess it's that metric system rearing it's ugly head.:D

caz223

Well, I found a really nice 3rd gen. smith 9mm used for $309.00 at a local gun store, and after making promises to not get another gun this year, I may just "put this one on lay-away".
I have never lasted more than a week without picking a lay-away up, however.
Oh well, I'll get an american auto.
Thanks for all the replies.

Eric Larsen

For what your looking for, Id jump on the 3rd Gen S&W..I love the 39-69 series guns. As far as who is the best gun company...I really cant answer. I (shock) personally think the best gun I own or in the top 3 of all time is my Kahr K40. Ive never shot a nicer one...Keltec etc....
Your very safe trying to (fingers shaking and developing a twitch)
hold........stuttering.........out for th eeeeeeeee llllaayyy away :D
Shoot well