best 9mm range gun

meat

In your opinion, what do you think is your favorite (or best) 9mm semi-auto for the range? Also, just for grins, what's the best (or favorite) 9mm pistol for idpa?

Last edited:

nashgill

My vote goes to the SIG Sauer P226. Fits me like a glove, no recoil, decent trigger. Bit too large for concealed carry but a great range/home defense pistol. 15 round standard capacity makes it that much more fun.

nashgill

AKurat

There is no "best" anything. Its like comparing Ford to Chevy...each gun has its own strengths & weaknesses. Depends on the feel, look, controls, cost of mags, pride in ownership etc. etc. So the only person that can answer that question is you.

All of these companies make fine quality 9mms:

Beretta
Sig Sauer
Glock (even though I hate to admit it :D)
CZ
Browning
...and all the rest ;)

tyudi5bs

They're right, it is like Chevy and Ford. I personally own a Glock 19 and I love it more than any other handgun I've shot. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but at the same time there are people that would take anything but a Glock. Just going to have to find something that feels right for you and comes from a respectable name. Look around at your local ranges. I know of a couple around me that have several handguns that they rent, so you could shoot it and get a feel for it to see if it's something you'd be interested in. Good luck!

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Best 9m/m Range Gun?

There are many qualifier's; but here is my pick's in no
particular order: Browning Hi-Power, CZ75B, Glock's
model 17 & 19, Sig's model P226 and P228, and H&K
USP full size and compact model's. But the cream of
the crop would be a Sig P210; as it stands all alone
atop the leader board.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Caseless

Depends on Price Levels

If money is abundant, Sig P210. If money is short, CZ 75 SA. For IDPA, HK P7 series always makes you shoot better than you actually are.

toast

I wonder how long the price on the 75B SA will stay low?

It seems to be the most talked about version (perhaps just because its new.) I will by another one when they start offering it with adjustable sights and the other finishes rather then just black polymer.

chris93473

SIG P226 stainless sport. It's a super out of the box accurate pistol. it's a good price too at
$1300. Or a SIG P210-8 great you will always will
50m competitions also good price at $4000. Or another good 9mm gun is the STI Trojan in 9mm, out the company for $900. :D :D :D

tonyz

SIG-P210

Easy SIG P210

I must have all. P210-2 P210-5 P210-6 and P210-8

url]

url]

AKurat

Hehehe meat, alright alright...

For your purposes, I would get a 92G Elite II ...Low recoil & muzzle flip, lots of accessories (not that you need any on the Elite) and hi-cap mags available, accurate as all hell :eek:

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. For me, the "best" range 9mms are an STI longslide Trojan and a Browning HP Competition.

Both are exceptionally accurate and reliable and so easy to shoot tight groups with.

Best.

Barn Dog

I second the Glock 34 (Practical Tactical), great range gun. A bit longer than the 17, better trigger, adjustable sights. Well worth it. Good Luck.