Best .22lr Bulk Ammo for Semi-Autos

littlebikerider

I just peeked into the Walmart for something to do. They had .357 and .44 lever actions for sale, but no .357/.38 or .44 ammunition. And all the rifles available were considerably more powerful that .223/NATO5.56. Their corporate people are really sharp. I haven’t actually bought anything in quite some time.

rodfac

Federal Automatch is as reliable in my M41 Smith, Ruger Standard MKll, and a 4.5" bbl'd Colt Woodsman Match Target as CCI Mini-Mag. It's also a shade more accurate. In 3 Winchester .22 rifles (M62, M61 & a M670, either brand will hold on a dime at 25 yds. When it's available, I've loaded up with an eye to the 2020 election and the possibility of another Obama-type shortage. YMMv, Rod

GarandTd

I have not found anything that shoots with more accuracy, consistency , and reliability in all of my 22rf firearms
than CCI Blazer. 40 gr lead round nose in 500 round bricks.

TruthTellers

It's hard to beat CCI SV and Aguila these days in price for performance. I'm a CCI SV guy, it's super accurate and works in my semi autos.

Anything loose packed, like Federal, Remington, or Winchester is suspect in semi autos, some will run with them, some won't.

98 220 swift

I use the federal auto match bulk. It is the most accurate bulk ammo I have found in all of my 22s. No its not the most accurate of all 22 ammo but for cost it is the best. It is just about all I shoot out of my ruger 22/45 target model and my S&W model 17.

David R

CCI SV if you want accuracy. It may not run in every semi auto. It shoots GREAT in both of my Buckmarks. Accurate and Reliable. This is the new light blue box. Its 1070 fps from a rifle.

CCI Blazer for cheap bulk. I bought a case for $179 delivered to my door. No problems with it in any 22 I own. They claim 1235 fps from a rifle. Also perfect in my 2 Buckmarks.

Fiocci is made by CCI and shoots the same.

Go here, click on in stock only and shop till you drop.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/22-long-rifle-ammo-c-202.aspx

David

AgedWarrior

Federal Range Pack shoots reliably and accurately in all my pistols (Ruger Standard Model, Mark IV & S&W Compact) and rifles (Ruger 10/22 & CZ 455) and even shoots MOA @ 100 with the 455:eek:. RWS Target ammo tightens up groups in the CZ, Thunderbolts will not run the 10/22 and Winchester causes feeding/cycling issues in all the pistols. CCI SV works well in the 455, and runs the Standard Model good too, while CCI HV and stingers and mini-mags perform reasonably well across the board but lack accuracy in 455. Tried some Armscor the other day, and so far it works in everything and accuracy is fair.