Best 22 Rifle...for the money?

Sport45

Marlin 981T gets my vote.

zoom_981T.jpg

Crosshair

+1 with the Savage Mark II with Accu-trigger. I prefer the lighter sporter barrel with open sights though. Plenty accurate for me.

qwman68

for the money.. for one crisp 100 dollar bill... mossberg plinkster is a monster. for that kind of money you wont find a better,more accurate 22lr.:cool:

Dave R

Well, if you could FIND a Romanian Model 1969 trainer any more, it would beat 'em all for price & accuracy. I bought one for $60 for my son, and liked it so much I got another for me.

Haven't seen many, since.

zip22

qwman68 said:
for the money.. for one crisp 100 dollar bill... mossberg plinkster is a monster. for that kind of money you wont find a better,more accurate 22lr.

where can you get a plinkster for $100? would you recommend the bolt action or the autoloader?

Win73

I have two. Love them both. One is a Marlin 39A Golden Mountie. One sweet little rifle. The 39A's are not cheap rifles but they are worth the money. The other is a Ruger 10-22. It is less than half the cost of a 39A but for the general plinking and squirrel hunting that I do, it is hard to beat.

Four Knives

Love those Romy M69 Trainers.

Guy on a local board around here just put one up a few days ago for $80...I was his second pm - missed it by thaaat much.

silent_warrior

I've shot the following .22LR rifles:

Ruger 10/22 (base model)
Glenfield Model 60 (i.e. a Marlin 60)
Remington Nylon 66

I bought a bolt action Savage. Get one with the Accutrigger and heavy barrel. You'll love it.

skydiver3346

Best .22 rifle for the $$:

I would have to say my Ruger M77 in .22 LR is the choice for me. Reasonably priced and extremely accurate with my Leupold 4x rimfire scope.

cslinger

CZ452 or 453 by a long shot. They offer the most rifle for the money IMO. They feel and are built like a real rifle not like most current .22s the Ruger and Marlin 39 excepted.

None of the others are bad rifles by any stretch but to me the CZ's offer the best mix of build quality, accuracy, sights, looks and durability for the money out there right now.

For me the hierarchy kind of goes....
Anschutz
Marlin 39s
CZ
Ruger
The rest (of which I own and enjoy but just don't feel they are in the same class as the current mainstream choices above.

Atroxus

My experience with .22s is limited but I recently got a Marlin 60 and was very happy with the accuracy. My best 5 shot group from when I sighted it in with scope last week measured just over an inch. Range was 50 yards, and I am pretty sure that with more practice I could get groups even smaller.

tristar viper

Marlin model 60 hands down. I've never owned such a reliable, accurate, and low cost gun in my life. I also have a Marlin model 925M .22 WMR and it's just as good.