Bersa Thunder .380

TPAW

I have an opportunity to buy a Bersa Thunder .380 in like new condition for
$ 200.00. I have fired it a number of times with no problems. Is it worth the money?

MercyfulFate

That seems like a really, really good price but I haven't researched that gun specifically so I don't know what it normally goes for.

lamarw

I personally would not buy it, but if you like it go ahead.

Why do you ask the question? I mean $200 is almost a nothing buy. You might even be able to re-sell it and make a money from some Bersa folks at that price.

MTSCMike

You have to decide if the price is right for you but I can say that my wife has one that was given to her by her father (retired LEO). I was a bit suspicious about the gun but must say it has been extremely surprising so far. Supremely accurate and completely reliable. Also very comfortable to shoot. I'm a fan.

ttarp

Buying used you don't get the warranty, but I think its a great buy, a lot of Bersa .380's in my area are selling in the $350 range.

weblance

The Bersa Thunder is a well made, economy priced handgun. I was curious because of all the positive comments you hear about them, so I bought a Bersa Thunder 22. I like it so well, I bought the .380. They are both very well made, very accurate, and a great value. I think hey could charge $400 new, and still sell well. $200 is a good deal. Buy it.

9mm

I saw them at the gun shows for $280 in the past new, sometimes high as $330. If it is a carry gun I would not buy it, but for a fun gun then yes. I never buy used for carry guns anymore, no telling what abuse someone did to it or dry firing.

UtahHunting

I would buy it in a heartbeat. That is a great deal on a Bersa. They are great guns, I own 3. My wife has carried a 380 Thunder for over 4 years now. In my opinion they are the most underrated gun on the market. A lot of gun for a little money.

Also to the poster above, dry firing a centerfire pistol doesn't mean it was abused. I have dry fired my handguns (not rimfire) 1000's of times and never had any issues. It is the best way to learn to shoot.

bedbugbilly

I bought one used a couple of years ago - paid $180 for it. I traded it in on another pistol and was allowed $180 on it towards the trade in. If it's in good shape,you've fired it and it functions well - I don't think the price is that awful. From what I'm hearing, with all of the guns going off the shelves in this "panic" - Bersas are hard to come by in some locations and are bringing top prices.

BTW - I loved my Bersa - ate anything I fed it. I now wish that I hadn't traded it in as it was a nice pistol. I'd have no problems in buying another one.

Pico

Snap that deal up

No brainer. If you don't jump on that you will be kicking yourself. Like:

when I passed on the Python in 1984, it was only a bit more than the Colt Agent I bought
when I didn't buy the two P226 police turn ins for $800 total
when I didn't buy the original Springer XD as the HS2000 for $300
when I didn't buy lotsa CZ's when they were $300 guns
when I didn't buy an AK when they were less than $400

Gonna go cry now
:(
Pico (the idiot)

TPAW

Thank you all for your responses. Since I was with the original buyer when he bought it, and I know for a fact that he keeps all his hardware in excellent shape, a deal will be made.

lee n. field

have an opportunity to buy a Bersa Thunder .380 in like new condition for
$ 200.00. I have fired it a number of times with no problems. Is it worth the money?

$200? Yeah, buy it.

"like new" implies used, which means you aren't the first owner. Bersa's warranty is to the first owner only.

Yung.gunr

$200 sounds like a good price for a Thunder. Even though you may not get a warranty, I haven't heard of many issues with them. Good luck.. :D

certified106

If it's in good shape it sounds like a great deal! My wife and I both lover the .380 Thunder that we have. It has cycled everything I have fed it without a hiccup. :D

TPAW

Thanks for your support. Bought it and love it. Cycles everything I put in it.
Truly is a poor mans Porsche. :)

Sheriff Gotcha

I just spent $700 bucks on a new gun last Friday and I am not looking to buy any guns for the rest of the year. If I were able to get a Bersa for $200 I'd be at my house right now without giving it a second thought.

Even if you didn't want the gun at $200 bucks you could at the very least turn a profit reselling it down he road.