• OK

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Get the S&W 22a

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

Wheel-Gunner

My friend (Smoke Screen) has one and it is every bit as good as my Buckmark. I think with .22s you are splitting hairs when looking for edges in performance in a Buckmark, Ruger, or Beretta. Between them it all comes down to comfort.

Having said that, when I look at the Neos I can't help but think, "Han Solo called; He wants his laser gun back!"

T-Ray

I'm more than likely going to get a neos, but i still like hearing from ya'll. It'll be a while before i can get it. whenever i get a pistol, should I get a 4.5" or a 6" barrel? also, is stainless just for looks or does it actually make a difference?

halo2304

I've never used one, but I almost bought one. What turned me off was the placement of the safety. When the safety was down, it dug into the web of my hand. I might consider one again despite the placement of the safety.

MemphisBob

Got one at Bass Pro about a week ago. I like it pretty well. It had some FTF with the bulk thunderbolt ammo but it likes the yellowjackets much better. Easy 2" groups @ 15 yards from rest while sighting in the red dot. Overall, a nice plinking setup for @ $300 (6" black Neos and $39 red head red dot).

I've never used one, but I almost bought one. What turned me off was the placement of the safety. When the safety was down, it dug into the web of my hand. I might consider one again despite the placement of the safety

The safety is supposed to bite to let you know it's on.

I'm more than likely going to get a neos, but i still like hearing from ya'll. It'll be a while before i can get it. whenever i get a pistol, should I get a 4.5" or a 6" barrel? also, is stainless just for looks or does it actually make a difference

Stainless is usually additional corrosion resistance for salty climes and I went for the 6" barrel. You get minimal accuracy and velocity increases and CC is not what you're shopping for.

MemphisBob

The implication was that the guns overall length is unimportant if you don't plan to conceal and carry it. Sorry if I was unclear.

T-Ray

oh, ok.

i'm really changing what i want lately, what i'm going to do is my grandma has my great-grandma's revolver, but we don't remember what caliber it is, either .38spl or .22lr, but i'm going to go to her farm and shoot the revolver and my grandma's 9mm semi (more than likely 1911, it's been a while so i don't remember) and if i like the revolver, i'll buy it from her and if i like the 9mm better, i'll up the budget and get like a .38spl or .357 and use .38's. (btw, i'm kinda a recoil addict, at least with long guns. that's why i moved up to 12ga, so we'll see how that carries over to handguns)

tomh1426

Wow, Hard left turn! :eek:
NEOs are nice but a gun thats been in the family that long sounds cooler to me.
Good luck either way you go

Last edited:

Kraziken

The Neos grip angle looks weird to me.

I'm a fan of Beretta. I've had my eye on the 87 target for awhile, but it is pricey.

Unobtainium

After reading the other responses, I must conclude that I just got a bad one. At least one jam per mag and really poor accuracy. Traded if off the next day. :(

T-Ray

After reading the other responses, I must conclude that I just got a bad one. At least one jam per mag and really poor accuracy. Traded if off the next day.

Hate to hear that. Ya, you musta just got a bad apple. This is pretty much the first time i've heard of a neos being bad with jamming.

T-Ray

ok, another option i've found is the taurus 94. I've heard the da trigger pull is really heavy, but the really knowledgeable (sounding) people say that it has to be to consistently fire rimfire rounds. I like the looks of the matte stainless with the 5" bbl. Also, i hear most people saying that it is the gun they use to introduce people to handgus, which is what it will be for... I get to see my great grandma's revolver this coming weekend (finally) and will also get to shoot it:D:D If i don't buy it from my grandma, the 94 will definitely be an option.
BTW, i probably would step up to a s&w, but considering the taurus is 1/2 the price...
Aside from the family piece, the standing order is: taurus 94 matte stainless 5"bbl, s&w 22a camo:D, beretta neos (starting to like the looks of the others better), and then a sa revolver not already in family.

softmentor

another yes vote for Beretta Neos. for a sweet little plinker, it can't be beat and only around $240. I have 3 and love them (2 6" and a 7 1/2). I put a little red dot on one and regularly attack targets of opportunity like spent shot gun shells, golf balls and the ever favorite tin can. The red dot ($8.99) and also extra mags ($9.99) are available at CDNN. Just because they are low price does not mean they are cheaply made. They are well made, solid and accurate. They handle the cheap ammo like Federal, Winchester super X and Remington gold bullet in the 500 round bricks.
Yes my Trailside is more accurate for serious target shooting, (along with high prices ammo like CCI Green tag) but for every day fun, the Neos gets all A's.

JONDOUGH85

its my plinker

I love the feel of the grip and angle. Put a red dot on top and can pop away for hours. Since my daughter claims the Mk III as hers I had to find a replacement.
No disappointments here.

raveneap

I had a chance to pick up a NEOS, almost NIB, papers, box, etc. plus an inexpensive red dot for $125.00. My son was looking for a .22 plinker so I got it for him. This was nearly 2 years ago and it's gobbled up any and all .22lr ammo he's fed it. Can't beat that.