• OK

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Get the S&W 22a

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

T-Ray

I handled this gun at academy, and between it and the S&W 22a, this one fits better and is lighter. What are your opinions on the Beretta Neos? I'm going to be plinking and possibly shooting rabbits.

The thing about the neos is that it is lighter and fits me better than the 22a. I like them both, probably will get the neos, but wanted to know what ya'll thought of it, just b/c i can't get it for a few days, maybe longer.

Last edited:

Buzzcook

Geez buddy if you like it why ask?
The one time I shot a Neo it worked fine and dandy. It wasn't exciting enough to want to sell my Ruger Mk II.
I've heard that the Neo had some FTF issues but I've also heard lots more positive reviews.
I sure wouldn't stop you from buying one.

packa45

I have a 22a and I like it a lot. Not as much as the buckmark though. If the Neos fits you better and you like it I'd buy it. I don't have one but Beretta is still a good company IMO. I have no real complaints about my PX4.

tomh1426

I love mine, Its accurate, reliable and breaks down real easy
DSCF3064.jpg

sholling

I own a NEOS and love it. The only thing about the NEOS is that they don't like Federal AutoMatch. It seems to be a common issue but the NEOS eats everything else without a whimper. For a general farting around plinker it's hard to beat the NEOS, but for a practice tool to stand-in/emulate my M&Ps I prefer my Buck Mark URX.

Last edited:

bluetopper

The couple I have shot, the triggers could stand a lot of improvment, but no question, they are very good little plinking 22's.

Their design is wholly based on the old High Standard Duramatic.

Smoke Screen

I'm more of a fan of S&W for their revolvers only. I bought a U22 Neos 6" Inox finish right after they first came out and I am a dedicated fan. My only issue with the design is that I have had to slightly get used to the mag release on the right hand side of the gun above the trigger guard and forward of the trigger. Has it been a serious quirk? No. But my dad was a S.W.A.T. marshall and I have been trained my whole life to hold the index finger along the outside of the trigger guard parallel to the barrel while at ready until ready to fire. So, just something I've had to get used to.

I love the ergonomics of the gun, it feels at home in your hand even if you have gloves on. I primarily use mine as a sidearm when I'm rabbit hunting through the sagebrush of the West. It's much easier to dispatch wounded rabbits with than another .20 or .12 guage round. I also carry it on my hip when I'm trail hiking or camping with the family. It's light and is should pose enough of a threat to keep bad guys away. Plus, I use it for venomous snakes and other varmints.

I've put well over 2,000 rounds through mine and have NEVER had a FTF or FTE. I have shot almost every other .22 pistol on the market (with exception to the SIG .22 Mosquito) and have to say I like the Neos the best. It's darn accurate, can be field stripped much easier than a MK II or III or Buckmark, is EXTREMELY customizable and feels better in my hands (big gorilla hands). Hope that feedback helped! Good luck, and good hunting! :)

Smaug

I like them, but they are not as elegant as the Ruger Mk. II or IIIs. They don't look proportional. That huge, functional sight rail throws off the proportions. Otherwise, it would be beautiful, like the old Colt Woodsman.

Kind of like comparing a Browning Hi-Power to a Glock.

weldonjr2001

I like the tooless take-down-ability. Much easier than my Buckmark. And with less disturbing of the sights or need for a hex key.

I hate the grip angle.

Mine has never had a failure to feed or extract. The occasional dud, but that's the ammo, not the pistol.

I hate the grip angle.

I think the striker lock time is a little slow compared to my Buckmark's internal hammer.

I hate the grip angle.

It's okay.

Last edited:

obxned

It shoots well, is not overpriced, but I wouldn't want my friends to see me shooting one. It just looks too weird.

T-Ray

Ya, it does kinda look weird, but it fits me really well. And since nobody's voted bad on the poll, that tells me that nobody really had a bad experience with one.

denfoote

I've always expected some kind of coherent electromagnetic beam to come out of the muzzle end of the Neos!! :rolleyes:

DaveBeal

Timely question. I just fired a Neos for the first time at the range today. It was on loan from Beretta; I got an hour with it for free. I was told that I might be the first to fire it. I spent some time zeroing it at 50 feet and then shot 10 rounds of CCI Blazer over a single bag under the barrel. I can't say I was impressed with its consistency. The group was spread over about 3 inches, but maybe it was the coffee I had on the way to the range.

I was OK with the grip angle, although the grip was small for me - I have long fingers. The trigger felt about the same as my Buckmark. Probably 4 - 5 pounds. I did have three or four misfires that appeared to be light firing pin strikes.

I see Bud's sells them starting at $227. That's probably a reasonable price. Personally, I would spend a little more and get a Buckmark. Or a Ruger Mark III, if you like the Neos' grip angle.