Beretta goes Bye Bye!!!

denfoote

Well, I've had it!! I tried to get used to the dang thing, but it's a no go!!! This 92FS has the most Godawful trigger I have ever experienced. Tomorrow, it gets traded for a Browning High Power!! :)

Yes, it will be true!! denfoote has succumbed to the calling of the evil 1911 design!! :eek: As a defense, though, I could not bring myself to trade for an actual 1911!!! ;) :p

bullet44

Go all the way buy a "real" pistol, for
once you have you'll never go back to
Glocks:barf: beretta's.

1911's forever.;)

S&W44

The last Hi-Power I checked out had about a 12 lb. trigger pull.Brand new gun,too.
No,thanks.

Amish

Replace the trigger spring and it will make a world of difference. The Elite II I have has a lighter trigger spring and it's feels much better than a stock 92 or a SIG 226. If you want to take it further for competition purpose you can always get a trigger job from LTT. Personally I wouldn't buy anything other than a Beretta or a SIG. I do have a Colt 1911 just because it's a part of history.

dsk

I agree with Amish, if you replace the mainspring with a lighter one you'll be amazed by the difference in the DA pull. Doing so with mine removed the heavy "stacking" at the end of the trigger stroke.

Now all I have to do is get used to the DA/SA transition. So far my opinion is you should have it only one way or the other (DA only or SA only).

BTW I sold a Hi-Power I once had simply because the trigger pull was terrible. I could have had a trigger job done to it, but I didn't shoot it enough to justify the cost.

Blackhawk

Smart move.

Not that I have anything against Berettas, it's just that BHPs have an incomparable panache.

You realize, of course, that you're now obligated to post a report on your BHP after you've wrung it out...? :D

Fatelvis

Judging by the # of posts you have, you`ve been into guns for some time now. If you`re not a new shooter, and concerned with recoil, why not just go to a 1911 .45? Even if recoil is a concern, you, or a reloading buddy, can assemble some "shooter friendly" loads to practice with. Just get a 45, and be done with it!!

denfoote

Replace the trigger spring and it will make a world of difference. The Elite II I have has a lighter trigger spring and it's feels much better than a stock 92 or a SIG 226. If you want to take it further for competition purpose you can always get a trigger job from LTT. Personally I wouldn't buy anything other than a Beretta or a SIG. I do have a Colt 1911 just because it's a part of history.

Amish,
It's not the triggerpull. It is where the sear breaks. Almost to the full trigger travel point!! I understand that it's a P38 thing, but geeze-no-man, my P38 ain't that bad!!! Anyway, it's history!! If this deal falls through, I have a backup plan. A guy at work will trade his G29 for it. I'd rather have the Hi-Power.

You've tried the Hi Power trigger? You like it?

VVG,
Yeah, I've tried it. Handguns for me are a matter of ergonomics. If it fits my hand, I like it!!! :)

Judging by the # of posts you have, you`ve been into guns for some time now. If you`re not a new shooter, and concerned with recoil, why not just go to a 1911 .45? Even if recoil is a concern, you, or a reloading buddy, can assemble some "shooter friendly" loads to practice with. Just get a 45, and be done with it!!

FatElvis,

No no no!! A thousand times no!!! No evil 1911 will ever contaminate my safe!!! :eek: My user friendly Glock 36 is enough for me. I shoot that with 165gr +P Cor-Bon, so recoil is NOT a problem!!! I ALMOST bought an evil Kimber once!!! All that hassle trying to get the dang thing apart brought me to my senses!! :) I didn't know you needed a pipe wrench to field strip those things!!! :p

Adventurer_96

I actually got rid of my Hi Power after I got my Model 92.
BTW I sold a Hi-Power I once had simply because the trigger pull was terrible. I could have had a trigger job done to it, but I didn't shoot it enough to justify the cost.
DSK took the words right out of my mouth. While I'd love to get another if the price (and trigger) were right, I just didn't feel the need to have that particular pistol.

I'll always have a 92 because I really trust this pistol, I think it shoots decent and it is very reliable. There are others that I will buy, to include 1911's and Hi Powers, CZ's and Sigs, but I will always have a 92 in my possesion.

Good luck with the Hi Power. Pistols seem to be a very subjective kind of thing for most folks. I can see, based upon your criteria for pistol shooting, you would want to get rid of the 92.

denfoote

I can see, based upon your criteria for pistol shooting, you would want to get rid of the 92.

Adventurer_96,

It fits, barely!!! My problem is that I have really small hands!! (ex-small glove size) I do not own a G17, G21, CZ75, HK SOCOM, etc... for this reason!!! In fact, I got rid of my G30 because it was to big!! That is why, I'm not keen on the G29 deal, except to sell or trade it to get something that fits!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CZ_

Hi Powers are great guns, but their triggers (both pull weight and "feel") are truly pathetic considering the price and quality of the rest of the gun (overall quality is is very good). Why does Browning pay such little attention to triggers? Every out-of-the-box BHP I've tried has a stiff trigger that feels at least 8 pounds--sometimes they even "feel" a LOT heavier than 8 pounds--way too much IMO for a single action pistol. If Browning were to consistently put out BHPs with nice crisp 4-5 pound triggers, I'd buy one tomorrow, but the triggers on most BHP's I've tried are just too bad for me to justify the price. Great guns overall, but they require too much trigger work for me to justify buying one.

denfoote

The guy that is trading me th HP is a gunsmith friend of mine. Hw re-works all his HP's. (he's a collector) We shall see!! It can't be as bad as my PPK!!!! ;)

CZ_

^If I could get trigger work done at a reasonable price, I would buy a BHP. I really like the BHP's ergonomics. In my neck of the woods though, good gunsmiths are rare and the few we have charge a lot for trigger work. With that said, I still feel that a high quality company like Browning should give their guns good out-of-the-box trigger pulls. It seems like a rip-off to me for a company to sell a product to the public that has to have modifications (i.e. action/trigger work) to perform to its capabilities.

spd522

I agree the Beretta DA trigger is horrible. I have even shot some of the "tuned up" guns and was not impressed. However, after that DA is out of the way, the SA is pretty good. I am not much of a Beretta fan though,for other reasons, so I have never found the need to own one.

I do like the HiPower and have one of them. The factory trigger is heavy for a SA gun but is easily improved with a kit from Cylinder and Slide. New sear,hammer, and springs and you are down to a crisp 3.5-4lbs. The worst part is the somewhat long trigger reset.

One thing about my HP, it has NEVER malfunctioned. That's more than I can say about others I have fired-Glocks, S&W, Beretta, 1911s, HKs, Rugers,and even my beloved Sigs.

garrettwc

Give in to the force denfoote!!:D

My MKIII Hi Power retired my P99 to the safe. I shoot it regularly. And hi-caps are available without taking out a second mortgage.