benefits of CZ .223 over the Savage I already have

ciwsguy

I like the idea of the CZ with wooden stock and fine trigger, but I really wish it could use standard AR magazines instead of the proprietary CZ 5 round mag. I have a T/C Compass 5.56/223 even though it has a junky polymer stock, but it has a sweet trigger and shoots well even with the polymer stock. Stock can be upgraded with a Boyd’s but I have not yet made the jump to it.
I’ve been considering something higher quality like a Tikka, though it comes at a much higher price. Those are really sweet shooters.

zeke

Have 2 CZ 527 223's. One with the 1::12, and one with the 1::9. Neither will accept a sierra 52 hpbt loaded out to max AR-15 mag length. The earlier imported one has much nicer blue job, more accurate but has shorter throat than the newer 1::9 twist version.

The mags used in both will accept/feed'function with longer than max col, if using pointy (technical term) bullets. This can be an advantage for some

CZ'zs don't appear to be what they used to be, but alot of things aren't.

TOU

I like the idea of the CZ with wooden stock and fine trigger, but I really wish it could use standard AR magazines instead of the proprietary CZ 5 round mag.
There are very few bolts that do & I'm not really interested in those that do.

I do have several AR's & I guess this just never even entered my mind.

When hunting, I always have 2 loaded CZ magazines (on occasion, 3). Targeting, 5 rounds is perfect. The way I hunt, I prefer to walkabout...and am usually loading the spare as I walk. I rarely run out & do not see the need for more. If varmints are thicker than that, I'm usually shooting a rimfire...or could just switch to an AR etc. Btw, actually LIKE that they hang down, quick mag changes without looking.

roscoe

I have one - most accurate rifle I own. The set trigger is amazing.

My only complaint is the magazine protruding down from the action. It falls at the natural balance point of the rifle, so it is more comfortable to carry without a mag inserted. If they made shorter 3-rounders there would be no complaints - I don't need 5 rounds in a hunting magazine.

surveyor

I like the 527, the only thing is limited ring choices due to the dovetails. Yes you can get a cz to weaver base from Dip, and I have. It opens up ring choices greatly.

You can also get a single shot follower from James calhoun if you desire.

I also like savages as well.