Beginners Have No Clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchboy

Folks,

My first time posting to this board. About two months ago I started looking for self defence pistol I could carry concealed. I have shot several pistols but only have long guns. I also do not know of anyone that carries. So I was left in the cold to sort it out.

I started renting at a local range. I shot the "Baby Glocks" and I really liked the 26 but I wanted a manual saftey and the more reading I did I wanted a decocker. I checked out handguns and more handguns. Finally I got my hands on a USP40 Compact. I got the same feeling I get when I take my old broken in softball glove out of the closet in spring and put it on. It just felt right. I looked at the price and almost passed out. I gathered myself and went home to do some research on the web. I started at H&K's website and went through Gunsamerica before I hit here. I read just about every thread I could find here and come to find out...it's almost universally praised as one of the top weapons for the purpose I want it for. Today I put my deposit on one. I will pay it off Mon and Wed I will be the proud owner of an H&K USP40 Compact. (3 day wait in FL) I have to thank you all for this great resource you have created here.

As for the 9mm? I find it easier to shoot. However I wanted the power of the .40SW and I fired around 500 rounds until I felt almost as comfortable with it to buy one. Now since you say the Mrs is going to be firing it I think you made best choice for your situation. I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

Dutch

[This message has been edited by Dutchboy (edited November 12, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.