Before I give in to the temptation to do this on purpose...

mikld

If I were to use a Lee Loader at the range, I'd take along a bunch of sized and primed brass and just charge/seat there.

Just yesterday I was fooling around my shop and got out my .44 Magnum Lee Loader. Sizing a .44 Magnum case in a Lee Loader is well known to be pretty difficult, but the way it's done and the way it's removed from the die it would be very difficult to stick a case. After the case is driven into the die, the die is placed over the "decapping chamber" and the case is driven out. Not pulled out but driven, from the inside. As far as I can tell, the "driving out" requires the same force as the "driving in"...

BTW only Lee Loaders for bottlenecked cases are neck size only (mebbe an exception here or there, but every Lee Loader I've seen for bottle necked cases neck size only).

jdscholer

I started my metalic cartridge loading with a .243 Win Lee Loader back in the early seventies. I had the advantage of a Ohaus powder scale, and with that outfit I developed several sub MOA loads, and a few sub .5 MOA's.

I wouldn't want to go back to that method, but I could if I had to. jd