BATFE wait time?

Logs

Took over two months for my can to come in from YHM. Just sent of the check today. Now more waiting..... :)

cpu77

M16 Autosear I am at 4months for the first transfer and it's not done! Once to my state I have another wait! Maybe sometime in 2010? My first 3 went very quickly! BTW transferring as a LLC

Willie Lowman

I am looking at ten weeks from pending right now on my second SBS...

Two cans on form 3 still not even in Ohio yet. AHHHH... NFA...

WoofersInc

Funny. I was reading a thread similar to this on SilencerTalk. The thread had been going for a couple of years. The begining of the thread was from back in 2007 and people were complaining at that time about the 30 day turn- around times that their forms were taking.
I would love to see those kind of time frames again.

KS1911

Form 1

I just got a Form 1 back. Check was cashed on 10/7 and the approved form arrived at my dealer on 11/6. This was done under a trust.

goste

Well, I mailed mine 7-29-09, Check cleared the bank. 8-12-09, approved form came in todays mail.11-12-09. stamp was stuck on 11-9-09..:D

hayes1966

Any update on how long Form 3 transfers are taking? I have a couple of items coming into the CT and then I have to do the Form 4 transfer. :mad:

WoofersInc

Well, if the wait on the last one wasn't long enough, I started the process all over again today. Purchased a Gemtech Halo. Paperwork will go to the sheriff on Monday for sign off and then wait on ATF all over again. Got a dealer working on a SilencerCo Sparrow for me but haven't heard when that will come in so no paperwork started on that onoe yet.

Man I hope ATF speeds up on this one.

robhof

robhof

What form do I need to legally own a Handy 410 pistol; a single shot manufactured by H&R from 1922 to 1935?

Willie Lowman

That would be form 4. To legally transfer the ownership of a gun on the NFA registry.

If the gun you want to own is not on the registry, run, don't walk, away from it.

jestertoo

Jones. I believe she's new and kickin ass. I included a current copy of TXDL, CHL and recently approved F1. Dunno if they helped. I had them handy and didn't think they would hurt.

richmondtx

BATFE processing wait times

Got my Form 4 MG X-fer back in 44 days, I sent them the ppr work on 10/28/09 and got the approved form back on 12/11/09, examiner was Andrew Ashter. I also sent in a Form 1 for a 9mm AR15-SBR build in the same envelope which was sent out on 10/28/09...I'm still waiting on that, and I also sent in another Form 1 on 12/09/09 for a SIG 551 SBR build. Lets see how long it takes for these to come back. SBRs usually take 4-6 months in my experience.