BATFE wait time?

flight954

I'm waiting for approval on a supressor. Paperwork and check was sent about the middle of January. The check was cashed about a week later and I'm still waiting.

Wiskey_33

I hear they're running about 3 months right now. The check being cashed doesn't mean anything. The check gets cashed in ATL, and then the paperwork gets sent off to NFA.

I did a form 4 back in October and it took 76 days from door to door. I got the paperwork in before the Obama craze though.

At about 2 months I'd call, with serial number and information in hand, and ask about the progress.

Then, keep waiting.

freakshow10mm

Form 3s are taking 3 weeks, but YHM takes 2 MONTHS from order date to signature date by the president. Last business I do with them on their cans. Terrible.:barf:

veeref

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm looking at getting a Gemtech suppressor. By far chance, does anyone have the lead times from Gemtech to their dealers, AND/OR a recent processing time from BATFE?

Regards,
~V

p99guy

I was waiting on two form 4's from the third week of Jan. and one arrived in the mail last thursday and the other on monday of this week. 5/11

veeref

By my count thats about 16 weeks or 4 months :eek:

Okay, I'll have to mentally prepare myself.

Thanks!

~V

flight954

Ordered my Gemtech Halo at the end of November '08. Dealer got it in the 1st week of January. BATF paperwork and check sent 2nd week of January and I'm still waiting.

Lurch37

I sent my stuff in March 09. Just the other day I talked to my NFA guy and he said the wait times are 12-16 weeks.

veeref

Okay, I talked to my local Dealer/Class 3 and he spoke to Gemtech this morning. Wait times for the can I want is 12 weeks. I'm a patient person, and if I order this now I might get to use it before the year is over :eek:

Thanks for the updates, again.

meddle

I purchased an SBR last August, it was approved on November 4th, and I'm still waiting for someone to MAIL the paperwork!

JMC

I just picked up my Trident-9 suppressor that I sent in the Form 4 on 1/14/09.
Two days short of 17 weeks. :(
Transfer type: Individual

divemedic

Spike's had my Gemtech in stock, and it is now on the shelf with my name on it. I will send my forms in on Thursday (my next day off)

mxitman

Just got my SWR Spectre today. I ordered it on Jan 13th, paperwork was a revocable trust done through the dealer. Paid with certified check. Not sure how long it took them once I paid to actually send in the paperwork though. But nevertheless I have it even if it took 5 months !