Bad news for Colt haters

50,000 a year is nothing. Ruger is doing near double that monthly.
Colt could be doing a few hundred thousand guns a year with only mediocre management.

Mike38

There is a real cheap line of Colt brand knives being sold, and I think I have seen the Colt brand and logo on something else.

There is Colt ammunition. Rebadged Silver Bear, which is steel cased zinc plated stuff. It does shoot well in my AK though. Surprisingly accurate.

There is a real cheap line of Colt brand knives being sold, and I think I have seen the Colt brand and logo on something else.
Wal-Mart sells Colt branded knives in the sporting goods department. They sell for around ten bucks, they're made in China, and if you read the back of the package they say they are made exclusively for Wal-Mart.

Sad.

peggysue

Sad thing with bankruptcy is that some business or investors loses money. Isn't this the 3rd time for Colt now?

Last edited:

KEYBEAR

Bad news for Colt haters Looks a lot like the OP is looking to Argue .

I did not Leave Colt but Colt did leave me a long time ago .
With the AR,s and Single Actions and 1911 available from other venders . I really no longer need an over priced Colt .

fastbolt

While Colt has been continually losing money, S&W and Ruger have done very well.

Colt could have changed its catalog and production efforts to meet market demands for their products, but that requires corporate management experience and savvy, as well as a desire to compete in the broader market. Putting all of your eggs in one basket (military & LE sales) can be risky.

Modernizing manufacturing and production, and putting emphasis on products which not only attract the attention of consumers, but also meets the demands and expectations of both old and new consumers, is necessarily one of those "let's sit on our laurels" business models.

Both S&W and Ruger have been adapting and adjusting to an evolving market. Yes, that may annoy some potential 'traditional' buyers while it interests and thrills others, but it has been keeping them in the market place and creating consumer demand for their old and new products.

S&W has continually invested millions of dollars in both new and updated manufacturing equipment, creating more manufacturing floor space, training new employees, etc. They've also been acquiring other companies to both augment their manufacturing capabilities and diversify their products and market participation.

The ball is in Colt's court, right where it's always been. Guess we'll see what happens. Kind of like what's happened with Remington and Winchester regarding firearms in recent years. ;)