bad boo boo with a handgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawg

Oh c'mon...am I supposed to believe you never did anything you were told not to do?

Not til I was a lot older. My dads butt whippins were memorable. You didn't court gettin one for any reason.

dabigguns357

I was raised around firearms too but will never leave one unattended around children and i have 2 kids.All guns go upstairs in my attic and the only way to get to my attic is by pulling down the stairs and climbing the latter,and for even safer measure i keep a hasp slide and a lock to which my wife and have the only keys.Oh and when we do have other guns out they stay in our bedroom and the door looked.Rule number one,no kids in the bedroom period no exceptions,if they want something then we come out to them,they don't come in.

Sorry back to thread,indeed they should be charged for child endangerment and for being stupid

rogertc1

Well I guess having a masters degree gives you all the expertise of being a parent without ever having any children then PBP....LOL

blhseawa

I'm a parent and a grand-parent.

I'm a Vet, ex-Cop, EMT, and a Professional Engineer, and a many generation military brat.

I'm surprises that anyone would take exception to PBP.

My simple question is, why take the risk?

I don't believe the risk is justified.

From the time of our first born we had to kid proof the house. Now for my wife and I, its the grand kids we need to proof the house for.

I just don't see why anyone wants to argue this, especially what's at stake.

WeedWacker

How many times have your kids misbehaved and then said "I do not know" when you ask why? Truth be told, they really do not know why.

Initial human nature (which most people will argue) is to do what they know is wrong. I.E. a toddler pulling the dog's tail after being told not to. Eventually using MORALS we can teach them that they can control the urge to do socially unacceptable acts such as lie or assault another person. Utilization of a belt or in my case the dreaded wooden spoon (which, BTW, was softer than dad's palm) helps to reinforce that "this is wrong" or also as an embodiement of the emotional feelings of others through physical pain. Toddlers never have been too good at empathy whenever I deal with them. Even some kids I work with who have not been corrected the correct way (too much punishment, too little) have very low empathetic tendencies which can be seen in their tendency to be habitual liars. Example, one kid hoards food and keeps it even after it rots. He can't have food in his room because of this and all the staff know, but when I catch him with food he says some other staff (who I know really well) allows him have it in his room all the time. :rolleyes: To commit unsociable behavior or "sin" if you will is hard wired as a base instinct. Pure survival at any cost, although survival could involve having one particular need met in which most cases I deal with it is correct childcare on the part of the parents incorrectly treating their children or children who are mentally incapable of receiving any sort of redirecting punishment (we have the ADHD kids write journals, most effective and they do anything to not have to do them)

Bud Helms

It never ceases to amaze how two sides of an argument can be so contrived and on two completely different levels: the anecdote vs the general case.

The opening post of this thread should probably been a post in this thread, titled, Storing guns with a minor in the house.

I could merge the threads, but after so many posts in each, a merge would jumble the discussion. So, this one is closed and I encourage you to take your interest in this subject to the referenced thread underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.