Votes: 17 10.7%
  • FEG PJK-9HP (Hi-power)

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • SW99 (P99)

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters

New_comer

FEG PJK-9HP is leading!!! :eek:

Over the well-known manufacturers to boot!!

I knew there's something good in those guns...

My officemate has been bugging me for years to buy his FEG. I kept saying no...

Well, that's just a tactic for him to lower his price some more... ;)

Dave R

I have the PJK-9HP, and have to agree that it is a terrific value. A new Hi-Power for $225!?! (That's what I paid for mine.)

horge

Uhm... I voted BERSA Thunder 380 (PPK clone).
But I've tried only a precious few of the other selections to make a valid choice.
Is that bad?

:D :D :D

CastleBravo

PHP:
Not even one Sigma vote ???!!!

Looks like it picked up one vote. But here is a hint for you: its nickname is Smegma. :barf:

I think the correct answer to the question is the Sphynx. It is actually a clone, and the one I saw was very nice.

Handy

Clone is kind of a misused term. To call a Bersa and Sig clones would be the same as calling just about everything else 1911 (1905) clones.

Feg and Taurus started with FN and Beretta factory tooling. Just like Manhurin did with the PP series. Would that make US made Berettas clones as well, or does the name forgive all sins? How about P99s with S&W made slides?

One of the few guns I would call clones are the Inglis Hi-Powers (which didn't even make the list) and the Tanfoglio copies of the CZ-75. Both of these guns were made by blueprinting another gun, then producing it on independant tooling. The DAK is a good example, though. Same with the many Chinese guns.

Gewehr98

Caspian.

Not that it was a choice.

Neither was Airsoft, I guess. Too bad, I bring back a bunch of them each time I'm in Okinawa, they're about as much fun as one can have with their clothes on in a country that bans private gun ownership. ;)

joegerardi

Actually, the DAC394 is a direct copy of the P228 not the P226. I voted for it, because every single part is interchangable with the P228.

..Joe

telewinz

The FEG continues to impress...a used one is now going for $250 around here $25 more than what I paid NEW for mine 2 years ago. From personal experience its at least as good as the BHP, and thats saying something!

shep854

Another that got left off the list is the Argentine FM, a licensed copy of the Fabrique National Hi-Power. I don't think the FEG are/were licensed by FN.

I have owned an FM, and want another. My main like is the spur hammer, which doesn't bit me.

telewinz

. I don't think the FEG are/were licensed by FN.

I think the patent expired some time ago. The only need for a license would be to guarantee the specs and quality. Consumer reporting is a much better "guarantee" although it does take much longer for the results to come in. :D

Of the pistols listed, I have owned three Sigmas and three Taurus pistols. I have examined the FEG a couple of times.

I think that the FEG and the Taurus are the closest to a "clone" of their original respective pistols as you can reasonably expect to get. There are a lot of people who really dig the FEG, but the Taurus is the one that I have the experiene with, so that is what I voted for. I think the new Tauruses (Tauri? :confused: ) are even a little better than Beretta and they have a pretty good warranty.

I don't consider the Sigma a clone. Even though polymer-frames (from any manufacturer) aren't my thing, it's actually a very good pistol. You just have to get over the fact that it's a S&W.

The others I don't have enough experience with to make much of a judgement on.

shep854

There are also, now that I think of it, some Hungarian copies of the PPK. I used to have one chambered for 9x18.