AR15 Iron Sights Only

kymasabe

I haven't found a red dot sight I like that is affordable. Acogs and eotech are way out of my price range so I stick to iron sights. After having tried MBUS and Troys and some other sights, finally settled on Daniel Defense fixed sights and I use a Blitzkrieg Components green luminescent front sight post. Works just fine for me and my old eyes.

Nathan

Standard AR iron peep sights are very good. Most quality fixed AR peep sights are good.

I find I need optics to meet my speed and accuracy goals.

drobs

My Windham carbine has the standard detachable carry handle sights in place. I swear they sighted the gun in at the factory. I didn't have to adjust the sights at all.

Normally I'd add a red dot and flip up rear sight by now but this one just shoots so good with those iron sights.

I recently went for a visit to Michigan to visit family. Figured we be doing some shooting and competition would be involved. Brought the Wyndham knowing it is right on.

Recently acquired an AR pistol that I need to bench and adjust the elevation on. Windage is perfect. It has a red dot and flip up rear sights. Left that one at home.

Last edited:

doofus47

marine 6680: The Magpul MBUS Pro has a sight post that can be standard or narrow, and I like the narrow width they use.

I didn't know that. I have a pair. It doesn't seem to be more narrow. I will check out the options.

thanks!
d47

marine6680

Their older ones didn't have that. It was a rolling change they did at some point. So if you have had them more than a couple years, you most likely have the older square post.

They do sell the new style post though. It's like $10.

Drm50

When I went into basic training I already didn't like M16s because of the bad
press they were getting. Guys getting killed with jammed rifles, ect. I was
surprised at the accuracy just with the battle sights. From the firing positions
on the ranges, standing in foxhole and firing rested it was no problem to hit
the pop ups. I think our last row was 400 meters.

I'm not into military weapons and don't own an AR. Recently been toying with
picking up a A2 style for old time sake. The only 223 I own is a single shot
Ruger. I just want plain Jane gun like we had in RVn, with handle and battle
sights. Don't want no bling and fancy attachments.

CLC

I shoot a 20inch A3 style for three gun and its a bear to use at close range. When shooting longer distance targets its much nicer and worth the extra length. The 16inch rifle with RDS are much easier to use in in my opinion.

zeke

My shorter (8,10.5,16 in) ARs have open sights. My longer much more accurate 18 inch has a low powered scope.