AR/ M4 backup sight suggestions

Captains1911

I'd take polymer MBUS sights any day over $35 aluminum sights from who knows where. It's really not Ford vs. Chevy, but rather quality vs. Chinese crap.

rickyrick

Since we went down the polymer road; I got a set of diamond head sights....
They have been great so far and seem very sturdy.

People equate polymer to plastic, but it is very tough, I even have a ratchet that is mostly polymer and it's held up for years.

I've dropped a polymer pistol with no ill effects, I dropped my beretta and it has a chip at the bottom of the blackstrap.

xandi

I got a cheap rear iron sight for my ar 15 from midway
At first I thought I couldn't shoot worth crap, but the sight bace lug moved every time the rifle was moved or shoot. even with the sight all the way down it would move.
So I had to replace it . So that 35-40 dollar sight of mine is pretty much useless
Splurging a little on something that works right out of the box is better the having to replace something because it won't work

Fishbed77

Sure, and if the locking spring on my Troy Folding Battlesight breaks or comes loose, the sight won't lock in the "up" position and it becomes a useless floppy piece of metal.

The Troys lock into the up (usable) position. The MBUS sight relies completely on spring pressure to hold the sights up. As mentioned earlier, if that spring goes, the sight becomes useless.

Theohazard

Fishbed77 said:
The Troys lock into the up (usable) position. The MBUS sight relies completely on spring pressure to hold the sights up. As mentioned earlier, if that spring goes, the sight becomes useless.
Yes, and the Troy sights lock in the "up" position with the use of a spring-powered locking mechanism. If the spring on the Troy's locking mechanism goes, the sight won't stay up and the sight becomes useless.