AR 15 from Scratch

Dr Big Bird PhD

Hey guys, on further review of my budget and information yall gave me, I'm just gonna go with a straight 5.56 build. I'll start out by buying a spikes lower reciever and then go from there and buy each part of the build at a time. Build my lower, then stock set, then upper reciever and onward. For some of the less obvious stuff like barrel and bolts, im going to talk to my friend's dad (defense contractor).

Ill just get a straight bolt action .308 or 30-06 seperately after my AR is built. When SHTF i'll need a separate weapon for the level's boss anyway.

EDIT: Okay lets say that I would want a "slightly larger/normal magazine" for reserves in california (not to use at the range obvious). Is online buying going to filter this or is there no regulation until i go to the range/public?

Last edited:

Crow Hunter

EDIT: Okay lets say that I would want a "slightly larger/normal magazine" for reserves in california (not to use at the range obvious). Is online buying going to filter this or is there no regulation until i go to the range/public?

What you are asking/advocating is probably illegal, if it is even possible.

Not something you want to do.

Your best bet would be to move to a free state or get a vacation home/relatives out of state that can keep these items for you.

zukiphile

I am not an attorney in CA and offer you no legal advice. I will note that I dislike 30 round magazines and find the 20 round and thermold 20 round ones much more comfortable.

Maybe I would feel differently about it if I were performing entries in Kabul, but for me this is just a piece of sporting equipment that's gets less fun if I am not comfortable.