Anyone try Wolf primers?

impalacustom

I use the SRM for my 20 dasher and love them. They can take more pressure than CCI 450 or Rem 7 1/2. They also give better ES and SD than the others. I have been using russian stuff for quite a while now, before Wolf they were PMC.

spencerhut

I've loaded and shot well over 10k of Wolf SM and LRG Pistol primers in .38S&W, .38 Special, .380ACP, 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP.

1 Incorrectly formed anvil. Tossed it and moved on with life.
0 Duds
0 Hangfires

Very minor changes in load performance when I switched from CCI primers with Alliant Unique & Power Pistol, HP38/WIN231, Ramshot True Blue & Competition

Max ("Hot") and very light loads

Rounds fired in:
Enfield Revolver, Hi-Power, S&W 3913TSW, Remington 51 (Standard Triggers)
Multiple S&W Revolvers .38Spl and .45ACP, Multiple CZ's, Multiple 1911's (Match and STD triggers)

Never used them in a rifle load, but don't see why they would not be just fine in rifles too.

rogn

My experience with the LRM primers has been that they are shorter by a few 1000s and seat from0.003-0.005 deeper than most others. My work has been with 3 300WSMs and 1 6.5-284. The acuracy in the Rem 300 has been exceptional and the same in the 6.5 Rem. The Browning abolt and a Savage 12 both produce a number of misfires. The diference seems to be tfiring pin in both the sasvage and the Browning are light small diameter low inertia pins, while the Rem has a robust pin and a heavy spring. The robust thump on the Rem has been 100%, while the more delicate strike of the other 2 give 30% misfires in cool weather. Also a goodly number of LR(600 yd or longer) BR types are reporting exceptional uniformity withy the Wolf primers.......

Maligator

Just thought I would post that Powder Valley has Wolf SRM, LRM & 223 primers in stock right now. Just an FYI as it has been difficult for me to find LRM primers of any sort lately with hunting season upon us.

FM12

Igot 3k spp and 1K lrp and 1K 209 for shotgun. I'm hoping I did good, no testing yet. Got them from Powder valley just before the panic set in. Looking back,I might have help cause it!:eek:

william1595

Chamber pressure

Has anyone checked chamber pressure on a .223 loaded with Wolf magnum small rifle primers? I just bought 5,000 of these because of unavailability of other primers. Now I'm a little scared to use them.

Big Don

Another positive vote

I've been loading my .45 ACP with Wolf primers and haven't had any problems. I've saved a goodly amount of money over what the other brands have been costing. My 2 cents.
Don

russaz1911

my 6mm BR loves wolf

I have fired 525 rounds for my 6BR. 200 of which were with Wolf small rifle primers. Using Federal match primers my sd was 14fps. The Wolfs gave me a sd of 7fps. I can't tell a difference in group sizes as they both shoot into the same hole at 300 yards and at 600 yards the 1/4" difference in the groups that I shot could have been caused by a mosquito flying to close to the trajectory of my bullets. By the way, the Wolf loads shot 1.28" ten shot group and the Federal loads shot 1.49" at 600 yards. I have also been getting sub 2" groups with my 204 Ruger and my 308 at 500 yards using Wolf primers. The best part, as far as I am concerned, is that I am using RL-15 in all of those loads.