Anyone reloading the .204 Ruger?

track

.204 loads Reloader 15

I talked to tech rep at Alliant for loads for reloader 15 with Horn 40gr vmax and was given 25 to 27.3

Also Horn vmax 32 gr given 25.6 to 29.3

I have a little Handi and shot 3/4" with 26.5 gr of Rel 15 and the 40 vmax. Not great but best so far....

I picked up some 34 gr Midway dogtowns cheap at a gun show just to try, need a load, anyone??

Having hard time finding (inexpensive) brass for 204, any ideas.

cobra81

Ain't NO brass cheap lately. Best deal I've found on new .204 brass is Midway; they had 100 for $19.97 (Winchester.) Got Gander Mountain to match it; so I saved shipping.

track

204 brass

cobra

I live in Mo so can p/u @ Midway and save shipping, but was looking for once fired. Nothing at the small to medium gun shows here either. Price is getting close to using store bought ammo for the brass....

mesillajim

204 Ruger handload

Arizona Hunter asked about .204 Ruger handloads. The following is the best that I have found in my rifle to date:
32 grain Sierra BlitzKing
27.5 H 335
2.326" cartridge overall length (OAL)
I did not have my chrono with me, therefore no velocity. The rifle is a CZ 527, scope is a Nikon Monarch 5-20X, Harris BR bipod. Shots fired from concrete benchrest at 100 yards.
Five shots: .472"
Four of the five shots: .198"
I have not had the riflle for long (two months) and have been busy working with some others so that my testing has not been extensive. I intend to remedy that in the next few weeks, although I don't think it is reasonable to expect a much better result.